Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only time for a short walk. But, even so, this machine is surprising and impressing me.

1130211814~2.jpg

1130211815b~2.jpg

Even a bit of sterling! But the content isn't as impressive to me as the size!

Look at how tiny this piece is!!

1130211813~2.jpg

Ya know, I've never found a bit of cut silver. I don't think they have a chance of hiding from this machine! The only way they'd get missed now would have to just be operator error! :)

Too bad the money clip was empty. :(

Thanks for peeking and to those who celebrate, Happy Hanukkah!

Upvote 19

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi do you think you are getting more depth and sensitivity with the Max over the Pro or is it pretty much the same and the main upgrade would be the backlit screen? Interested as I have the AT Gold. Also like your finds.

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only time for a short walk. But, even so, this machine is surprising and impressing me.

View attachment 1994083
View attachment 1994084

View attachment 1994085

Ya know, I've never found a bit of cut silver. I don't think they have a chance of hiding from this machine! The only way they'd get missed now would have to just be operator error! :)

Very nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi do you think you are getting more depth and sensitivity with the Max over the Pro or is it pretty much the same and the main upgrade would be the backlit screen? Interested as I have the AT Gold. Also like your finds.
There's several things that have impressed me with this one. Although I like the aspect of a backlit screen, I probably won't use it much. I almost exclusively hunt during the day and in open places.

First thing that struck me with this was its fast recovery time. I've been hunting places I've gone over and over with the pro and I've found many targets within iron patches. I figure the pro just didn't separate the coins from the iron well enough for me to tell they were there. This one does! Like iron-coin-iron types of swings. I now hear the coin!

Another thing that's impressing me is just how tiny some of these targets are and with a bit of depth!

Speaking of depth, in the pro mode I found I could hit a quarter about 12 inches down, with the ground balancing about 91! But just barely! But, in all metal mode that same target is solid as a rock!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
AHHH! You found Minnie! Very cool! As for the tiny pieces, lol, wait till you find something smaller than the end of a toothpick. You will with that machine. I have several times. It is good to read your comparison on what you had to what you have now. It is more in the same "family." Whereas, I went from Delta 4000 to ATMax, apples to oranges. But, I can say that I have found more stuff this year going over the same spots that I had with the Delta and was flabergasted at what I missed. Now, Sir WIF, time to edit your "Detector (s) Used" section. 8-)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AHHH! You found Minnie! Very cool! As for the tiny pieces, lol, wait till you find something smaller than the end of a toothpick. You will with that machine. I have several times. It is good to read your comparison on what you had to what you have now. It is more in the same "family." Whereas, I went from Delta 4000 to ATMax, apples to oranges. But, I can say that I have found more stuff this year going over the same spots that I had with the Delta and was flabergasted at what I missed. Now, Sir WIF, time to edit your "Detector (s) Used" section. 8-)
Thank you, milady.
Actually, I have found smaller items already. I found a lead pellet from a shotgun shell once! :)

One other thing that the Max has over the Pro? A true all metal mode. Plus...I've used detectors where one had to switch between all metal and another mode in order to determine if the target was iron. The max allows for the iron audio mode to work *within* the all metal mode!
It loses just a touch of depth when using it but its a nice add! Especially toward the end of one of my walks, (average of 4 hours usually). It gets tiring switching back and forth and even more so if one has to dig everything to find out! ;)

Oh! And...chore completed.
Thanks, Milady.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A full money clip would be grand, wouldn't it?
I'd like to think so. ;)

Ya know...I've never liked the idea of a money clip. Dollar bills don't usually just fall out of one's pocket, but put them in one of these, (or the modern version, those hard case wallets? ) and they will!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1994083
View attachment 1994084

View attachment 1994085

really cool "minnie" find, love that silver, wtg!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,