Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out scouting around on my dirt bike a couple of days ago and noticed this spot with lots of hardware sticking out of the trees. Went back this morning with The Legend and gave it a good going over.
1004221520_HDR.jpeg
1004221210.jpeg

Looks like they used this tree as part of a structure or fence.

1004221209.jpeg

This is a horse shoe with the ends driven into the tree.

The camp is next to this big meadow.
1004221132.jpeg

It seems as if this spot has been detected pretty hard as there is rusty junk all over the surface. I didn't bring my sniper coil so I had to tune the best I could to "see" around all the junk. There're tons of pull tabs from later campers and it was quite challenging to hear coins.
Almost immediately I got a good high tone and unearthed this merc from only about 4 inches down.
1004221105_HDR.jpeg

I worked the area over pretty good and dug a 1980 quarter and four 60s pennies, but that was all I could get. I'll have to go back when the ground is moist and see if I can get anything else.
I figure this was probably a Basque sheep camp next to this meadow.
1004221352_HDR.jpeg

Perhaps this sherd can help narrow down the age of the camp? Anyone recognize the hallmark?
1004221720.jpeg

Upvote 12

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out scouting around on my dirt bike a couple of days ago and noticed this spot with lots of hardware sticking out of the trees. Went back this morning with The Legend and gave it a good going over.
View attachment 2049185 View attachment 2049187

View attachment 2049189

View attachment 2049193

It seems as if this spot has been detected pretty hard as there is rusty junk all over the surface. I didn't bring my sniper coil so I had to tune the best I could to "see" around all the junk. There're tons of pull tabs from later campers and it was quite challenging to hear coins.
Almost immediately I got a good high tone and unearthed this merc from only about 4 inches down.
View attachment 2049201

I worked the area over pretty good and dug a 1980 quarter and four 60s pennies, but that was all I could get. I'll have to go back when the ground is moist and see if I can get anything else.
View attachment 2049205

Perhaps this sherd can help narrow down the age of the camp? Anyone recognize the hallmark?
View attachment 2049207
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2049189

View attachment 2049193

View attachment 2049201

View attachment 2049205

View attachment 2049207
Congratulations
Very Nice
Glad to see the Legend working good
How do you like it so far

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2049189

View attachment 2049193

View attachment 2049201

View attachment 2049205

View attachment 2049207
Buffalo China was founded in 1901. Acquired by Oneida in 1983.
Looks like a cool spot to poke around! Nice finds!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations
Very Nice
Glad to see the Legend working good
How do you like it so far
Thanks Bill.
Liking it very much and I feel confident with it, which I think is a big part of this hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread