Silence of The lambs

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Hello Fellow T-neters, Purchased some lamb racks on special and decided to treat my pregnant wife a tastey meal of lamb racks smothered in a careful selection of indias finest spices and curries. These are done best on the weber BBq but as it is hosing with rain here at the moment the oven was the dryer option. Well hope you enjoy my pictures of the day.

Sasnz

Attachments

• DSCN1557.JPG
    DSCN1557.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 349
  • DSCN1558.JPG
    DSCN1558.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCN1559.JPG
    DSCN1559.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 346

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Looks great :thumbsup: (I prefer mine a little more rare) But I'll bet I would have cleaned my plate anyway ;D Nice looking presentation too.

HH Charlie

OP
OP
sasnz

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
No folks I dont cook for a living, Just love my food, look at the belly in my Avitar :laughing9:.

I would normally have this alot rarer too Savant365 but the misses is pregnant and refuses to see the sight of blood or wont eat what i cook. :icon_scratch: For those who havent tried these on the weber they are a absolute must, no disapointments I promise. ;D

Sasnz

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Hey Sasnz.. they look delicious :icon_thumright:
I used to cook on a Weber but have found an even better cooker.
The Big Green Egg
http://www.biggreenegg.com/
A bit pricey but worth it. There is a guy in Auckland selling them on TradeMe.
However I would come to your place anytime if that's what you produce. :D

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Food pictures are good too, Sasnz! I never ate sheep in my life, as I was raised in a culture that abhorred them. However, I now have several folks from West Africa working for me and Aliou Drame's wife Fati cooked up some lamb during the last Ramadan and sent it to work for me. I ate it and liked it. So if Fati cooks it, I'll eat it. Yours looks pretty good too, though.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks mouth watering :icon_thumleft: My favorite meat, love leg of lamb, roasted potatoes, and Greek stringbeans. That is stringbeans with sliced garlic, stewed tomatoes and onions mmmm mmmm good

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your dish looks very good. However, in my 64 years I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have eaten lamb. Just does not appeal in any manner to me. I could be mistaken but, doesn't the grease stick to the roof of your mouth.

OP
OP
sasnz

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Hi Kiwi John, The Greenegg cooker looks very good but as you say very expensive. What is the rally car you have?

Reginn, Lamb is not to be confused with Mutton or Hoggett. Although the same beast Lamb is genrally only 1 yr old and tender as!! Mutton and Hoggett are the older beast and not quite as tender and has a slightly different taste, but not hugely. What culture were you brought up in that they abhorred them??

Johnycat, wow cant belive that you havent had much Lamb inn your lifetime. Lamb can be fatty but it can also be very lean. depends on how the sheep were raised. The Lamb racks you see in the picture are the cream of the beast. Extremely lean and very tasty, I have had the experience of the greasy lamb, but that was a Fatty lamb. If you get the cuts you see in the picture these are lean regardless of the lamb usually and are the best cut of the beast. Go on give it another go, If ya cook on the weber marinate the lamb in a curry paste as you see in the pics.

Bon apetite.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
did you have it with fava beans and chianti ? extra rare?

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lamb is the tastiest meat ever !!!!
I love it !!!!
Good job, looks yummy.

Molly.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Alright, I can't take it anymore. I've never done lamb on the grill but now i'm going to. Not sure what variety of seasonings I'll choose, but I have to try them.
P.S. I have two Weber's and 1 green egg. I'll be doing them on the egg. Can you say juicy?

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
sasnz said:
Hi Kiwi John, The Greenegg cooker looks very good but as you say very expensive. What is the rally car you have?

Circuit race car. Not a rally car. ;D

Attachments

• Mazda2 (Medium).jpg
    Mazda2 (Medium).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 196

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well sasnz, I grew up in that cattlemen versus the sheepherder thing. Sheep graze the grass all the way down to the ground, and it don't grow back. Plus they smell funny. The meat smells funny, too. But like I said, that lady from Senegal cooks it up, and I'll eat it.

Cherokee kid

Aug 7, 2009
Mmm quit it, i have the munchies! Seriously though that meat looks very tasty. Got any more pictures? Haha.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
theres a vast taste differance between a yummy tender "spring lamb" a young one 1 year or younger --and old tough " mutton" sheep --- lamb --I love --mutton you can't give me for free.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Muleskinner, Marinate for 1 week in Lupo's Spiedie Sauce. You'll love 'em even better.....NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions