Silver & 150 Year Old Bottles. Awesome Surf and Turf Hunts This Week.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Tnet. Been fortunate to get out and detect and walk the river the last few weeks. Weather and bugs have been good so I'm swinging the coil more and more. Also using the peepers looking for glass in parts of the river. Had an awesome last two weeks.

I'll start with the glass which is now the oldest and best I have found to date. Here is the group shot.

20211010_173125_Film1.jpg

20211010_173149_Film1.jpg

Below is a Cold Spring G. Banse which was made in Cedarburg Wi in the early 1870s. About as old as you can get in Wisconsin (I think). Love that the wire top is still attached after 150 years!

20211010_174859_Film1.jpg

Here is a The Storck Brewery bottle from what is now Slinger Wisconsin. I guess the name changed at some point in the past. Didnt known that. This one is from 1888 to 1894. No kidding when I was cleaning this one in the river, a stork flew overhead. Neat experience for sure.

20211010_175027_Film1.jpg

Below is a Hutchinsons John Graff Soda Bottle from late 1800s to early 1900s. Gotta love the hutches. So thick and heavy.

20211010_175052_Film1.jpg

This one is my favorite of the week. Couldn't believe it was in one piece when I found it. A Lash's Bitters Kidney and Liver bottle. My best guess is turn of the centurey. Love the ripples in the glass when this one was made. Any Info on age is much appreciated.

20211010_175638_Film1.jpg

Last one is a 1930s Roxie Soda Water from Waukesha Wi.

20211010_175902_Film1.jpg

The last 3 land hunts I did all produced silver and all quarters at that. I've been detecting for 6 years now. Before 2 weeks ago I had only 2 quarters. I have since found 4 more. 2 in one hunt! I hope the silver streak continues. That puts me at 10 silvers for the year. 4 quarters, 4 Mercs and 2 rings.

20211010_175953_Film1.jpg

Thanks for taking a peek. Hope to be posting more often. Thunderstorm made for a no go hunt today. Can't wait for cool weather and bug free hunts to end the season. Good luck and happy hunting everyone.

Upvote 29

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Tnet. Been fortunate to get out and detect and walk the river the last few weeks. Weather and bugs have been good so I'm swinging the coil more and more. Also using the peepers looking for glass in parts of the river. Had an awesome last two weeks.

I'll start with the glass which is now the oldest and best I have found to date. Here is the group shot.

View attachment 1984609

View attachment 1984610

Below is a Cold Spring G. Banse which was made in Cedarburg Wi in the early 1870s. About as old as you can get in Wisconsin (I think). Love that the wire top is still attached after 150 years!

View attachment 1984611

Here is a The Storck Brewery bottle from what is now Slinger Wisconsin. I guess the name changed at some point in the past. Didnt known that. This one is from 1888 to 1894. No kidding when I was cleaning this one in the river, a stork flew overhead. Neat experience for sure.

View attachment 1984612

Below is a Hutchinsons John Graff Soda Bottle from late 1800s to early 1900s. Gotta love the hutches. So thick and heavy.

View attachment 1984613

This one is my favorite of the week. Couldn't believe it was in one piece when I found it. A Lash's Bitters Kidney and Liver bottle. My best guess is turn of the centurey. Love the ripples in the glass when this one was made. Any Info on age is much appreciated.

View attachment 1984614

View attachment 1984615

The last 3 land hunts I did all produced silver and all quarters at that. I've been detecting for 6 years now. Before 2 weeks ago I had only 2 quarters. I have since found 4 more. 2 in one hunt! I hope the silver streak continues. That puts me at 10 silvers for the year. 4 quarters, 4 Mercs and 2 rings.

View attachment 1984616

Thanks for taking a peek. Hope to be posting more often. Thunderstorm made for a no go hunt today. Can't wait for cool weather and bug free hunts to end the season. Good luck and happy hunting everyone.
Sounds like you had a great time. Awesome bottles! Keep it up and thanks for posting them!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1984609

View attachment 1984610

View attachment 1984611

View attachment 1984612

View attachment 1984613

View attachment 1984614

View attachment 1984615

View attachment 1984616

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!!

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas. We will be back when the water and weather is more clear. My friend and I probably picked up over a hundred bottles In a small area. Most from the 50s and 60s. The older ones were mixed in.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter

View attachment 1984609

View attachment 1984610

View attachment 1984611

View attachment 1984612

View attachment 1984613

View attachment 1984614

View attachment 1984615

View attachment 1984616

Nice finds! I'm in Black River Falls.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and thanks for the write-up with local history.

(Don't look now but there's a ghost on the roof in your third image! LOL)
Lol I'm not seeing a ghost and I am very familiar with them. They like to follow me for real.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I'm not seeing a ghost and I am very familiar with them. They like to follow me for real.
I don't discount them at all but I think it is just an umbrella tip that resembles a woman in a flowing skirt walking up the roof. When I first glanced at the image I couldn't figure out why the woman was so small. LOL

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't discount them at all but I think it is just an umbrella tip that resembles a woman in a flowing skirt walking up the roof. When I first glanced at the image I couldn't figure out why the woman was so small. LOL
Ha now I see it. I see that umbrella every day but from that perspective it makes sense now. Good eyes.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWE!!!! your killing me on the bottles !! I go out every other day and dig and I might get (1) good one.
We've been very lucky this year. I applaud you actually digging for them. Yours are probably way easier to clean than my river ones though.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking glass, congrats on the recoveries.
Seeing the picture of the common ones in the water tells a story in its self.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Weather is looking clear this weeked. The common bottles are still 1940s to 1960s. I feel we barely scratched the surface so far. My friend found a nice 1910 Pabst that I hope there are some others left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread