Silver Bonanza Including 2 Walkers and an SLQ!!!

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another bit of rain yesterday so I went back to the gravel lot and listened deep. I was quickly rewarded with a 1946 Walker, and then a 1936 only 8-10 feet away!
That's the second time that has happened to me, the first being in 2021 high in the Sierra forest. These four are the only Walkers I've found, nice that they come in sets!:laughing7:

Then a bucket lister, my first SLQ. Pretty worn with no date, but that's okay, it's scratched off the list.

A couple of Rosies, a 925 chain, a 1942 nickel, a sterling ring and a handful of wheats rounded out the hunt.
IMG_4901.jpeg
IMG_4902.jpeg

The ring has a pretty unusual stone I'm having trouble identifying. Possibly black opal or Kingman Pink Dahlia Turquoise.

I am totally shocked at how much I've pulled from this spot and that nobody else has found it before me. These finds came from an area about 50 yards from the area I hit previously. I had expanded my search at the end of my hunt last time there and went quite a ways with no targets, then hit a couple of wheats. I went back to that spot to start this hunt and immediately got into good targets. It's hard to tell, but I think there was another building way out there as there were nails everywhere.

I'm certainly not done with this place yet!

Upvote 42

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ver
Another bit of rain yesterday so I went back to the gravel lot and listened deep. I was quickly rewarded with a 1946 Walker, and then a 1936 only 8-10 feet away!
That's the second time that has happened to me, the first being in 2021 high in the Sierra forest. These four are the only Walkers I've found, nice that they come in sets!:laughing7:

Then a bucket lister, my first SLQ. Pretty worn with no date, but that's okay, it's scratched off the list.

A couple of Rosies, a 925 chain, a 1942 nickel, a sterling ring and a handful of wheats rounded out the hunt.
View attachment 2076491 View attachment 2076492

The ring has a pretty unusual stone I'm having trouble identifying. Possibly black opal or Kingman Pink Dahlia Turquoise.

I am totally shocked at how much I've pulled from this spot and that nobody else has found it before me. These finds came from an area about 50 yards from the area I hit previously. I had expanded my search at the end of my hunt last time there and went quite a ways with no targets, then hit a couple of wheats. I went back to that spot to start this hunt and immediately got into good targets. It's hard to tell, but I think there was another building way out there as there were nails everywhere.

I'm certainly not done with this place

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!

hampton detector

Feb 15, 2023

Super find! Awesome job

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have they been cleaned in some manner?
The silver coins got a little toothpaste rub. The ring and chain got a ride on the buffing wheel and the nickel, which was really bad got electrolysis. Unfortunately I got my anodes mixed up and used one from a copper object previously, hence the copper color.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would be super stoked with those finds...big congratulations...even the nickel was wartime... :)

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Louie D

Nov 16, 2018
The Motor City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Massive Rake Dude!

Nov 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread