Silver earring from the park, scout camp variety batch and eyeballed gold and silver

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went to the civil war bullet school hoping to get lucky. I did fair coin wise, but nothing great this trip. I am gridding and searching areas that have produced bullets and other relics, but you never know where the goodies might be lurking until you get them out of the ground.

This trip I swung the CZ21 for 5 hours and managed to find 56 coins with a face value of $2.23, a stainless spoon, a 1937 wheatie, a key tag, a cheapie pendant, an unused copper rivet, a belt buckle, a copper ring, a cold chisel and the usual assortment of junk. The copper ring looks like it was cut from a copper pie and the edges smoothed some so it isn’t very old. The copper rivet could be unused from the civil war, but they are still available now so no way to tell the age.

7F22B771-5739-4CA5-9BD9-FBB68D4ACAB4.jpeg

B01DD603-FA14-4ED8-BD98-106120BFEECC.jpeg

DAY 2
I went to the closest park again and detected the dirt parking area above the football field. Around here football is king so lots of folks go to the kids games so more losses for me. In 5 hours swingin the CZ21 I found 119 coins with a face value of $9.39, a PetSpy controller from a dog training collar, a brass fitting, 3 brass cartridges, a silver earring, a modern metal button, a modern bullet, a sinker, a few tabs and some whole aluminum cans.

69B8D023-E736-49A6-B6D8-5FC6EBF7876F.jpeg

The earring was a nice little surprise. It was a mid tone instead of the high tone you expect for silver. For any new folks joining us silver rings and coins usually deliver a high tone, but smaller items, very deep items and coins on edge can give a less desirable tone like those ever present can tabs. So if you only go for the nice high tones, you will miss other goodies. That’s why most of the time I dig all high, mid and combination tones. I do a lot of digging, but leave the ground a lot cleaner so when I go back years later I only have to deal with new stuff and an occasional deep goodie I missed the first time (NOBODY gets it all).

7CDF9425-8E74-4886-8ABE-8F04D42F8A02.jpeg

DAY 3
I got a chance to go back to the scout camp and spent 6.5 hours working along the lake shore and rechecking one of the campsites. I managed to find 77 coins with a face value of $7.34, 54 camp tent pegs, fishing gear, a flashlight, a neckerchief slide, a token, a bullet, a bolo tie end, 5 camp rope tensioners, 2 military blanks from the reinactors, a pile of sinkers, a personal tent rope tensioner, a few tabs and a bunch of buried aluminum cans.

25FF9D69-5576-4625-A226-F42475F188B6.jpeg

The neckerchief slide was out in the woods away from the campsite. Lost by some scout wandering around or gathering firewood. The rifle blank actually has a hole drilled through it. Someone probably went to metalworking merit badge and drilled it to put on a string as a necklace the. Lost it while they were fishing in the lake. For the new folks again, the bigger sinkers give a high tone and the smaller sinkers and most of the fishing gear are mid tones.

2863B016-674D-4DC1-B9E2-54B236C221C6.jpeg

I also found a few coins and some jewelry on our walks and shopping. 1 penny from the coinstar and the rest out and about. On one of the evening walks in town I spotted a shiny object in the parking area of the street and found a golden colored chain. I was hopeful as always, but the style looked cheap and it is a cheapie unfortunately. It didn’t get run over and looks good so I should be able to get a buck or two at my yard sale which makes it better than the pennies I usually find. I check an earring I found that I was sure was cheapie and it turns out it is marked 925. From the looks of it I suspect that it is just the post that is silver and the rest is junk. We went to the mall to do some more walking and I spotted an earring and it looked good. It turns out it is 14k. It is hollow so not a lot of gold but at the current gold price not a bad days walk.

8FE6F015-DCEE-41A6-A29A-1DC6727B2557.jpeg

5FFCA798-6E04-49F3-8C3D-16BA15FBC87C.jpeg

D0F3BCE3-6268-45BC-A9C2-BF068DF08309.jpeg

The old man is still swingin and eyeballing stuff. Some decent luck this week with respectable finds, good exercise and it keeps me busy and out of mischief. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin

P.S. Winter came back the other morning, when I woke up to a couple inches of snow. It just doesn’t want to let go. We also had a visit from a flock of wild turkeys. They come by and walk through our yard every now and then. I haven’t hunted in years so they are safe from me, but not my neighbor who is an avid hunter.

113F0B86-1E5F-4378-B054-E5F26BF0051F.jpeg

E0520AEA-4524-4B7C-BC37-7D201BACDE0A.jpeg

3D57A1A0-B05E-4D79-83B9-DE954BA11EF3.jpeg

Upvote 14

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went to the civil war bullet school hoping to get lucky. I did fair coin wise, but nothing great this trip. I am gridding and searching areas that have produced bullets and other relics, but you never know where the goodies might be lurking until you get them out of the ground.

This trip I swung the CZ21 for 5 hours and managed to find 56 coins with a face value of $2.23, a stainless spoon, a 1937 wheatie, a key tag, a cheapie pendant, an unused copper rivet, a belt buckle, a copper ring, a cold chisel and the usual assortment of junk. The copper ring looks like it was cut from a copper pie and the edges smoothed some so it isn’t very old. The copper rivet could be unused from the civil war, but they are still available now so no way to tell the age.

View attachment 2076690

View attachment 2076700

DAY 2
I went to the closest park again and detected the dirt parking area above the football field. Around here football is king so lots of folks go to the kids games so more losses for me. In 5 hours swingin the CZ21 I found 119 coins with a face value of $9.39, a PetSpy controller from a dog training collar, a brass fitting, 3 brass cartridges, a silver earring, a modern metal button, a modern bullet, a sinker, a few tabs and some whole aluminum cans.

View attachment 2076689

The earring was a nice little surprise. It was a mid tone instead of the high tone you expect for silver. For any new folks joining us silver rings and coins usually deliver a high tone, but smaller items, very deep items and coins on edge can give a less desirable tone like those ever present can tabs. So if you only go for the nice high tones, you will miss other goodies. That’s why most of the time I dig all high, mid and combination tones. I do a lot of digging, but leave the ground a lot cleaner so when I go back years later I only have to deal with new stuff and an occasional deep goodie I missed the first time (NOBODY gets it all).

View attachment 2076691

DAY 3
I got a chance to go back to the scout camp and spent 6.5 hours working along the lake shore and rechecking one of the campsites. I managed to find 77 coins with a face value of $7.34, 54 camp tent pegs, fishing gear, a flashlight, a neckerchief slide, a token, a bullet, a bolo tie end, 5 camp rope tensioners, 2 military blanks from the reinactors, a pile of sinkers, a personal tent rope tensioner, a few tabs and a bunch of buried aluminum cans.

View attachment 2076692

The neckerchief slide was out in the woods away from the campsite. Lost by some scout wandering around or gathering firewood. The rifle blank actually has a hole drilled through it. Someone probably went to metalworking merit badge and drilled it to put on a string as a necklace the. Lost it while they were fishing in the lake. For the new folks again, the bigger sinkers give a high tone and the smaller sinkers and most of the fishing gear are mid tones.

View attachment 2076694

I also found a few coins and some jewelry on our walks and shopping. 1 penny from the coinstar and the rest out and about. On one of the evening walks in town I spotted a shiny object in the parking area of the street and found a golden colored chain. I was hopeful as always, but the style looked cheap and it is a cheapie unfortunately. It didn’t get run over and looks good so I should be able to get a buck or two at my yard sale which makes it better than the pennies I usually find. I check an earring I found that I was sure was cheapie and it turns out it is marked 925. From the looks of it I suspect that it is just the post that is silver and the rest is junk. We went to the mall to do some more walking and I spotted an earring and it looked good. It turns out it is 14k. It is hollow so not a lot of gold but at the current gold price not a bad days walk.

View attachment 2076698

View attachment 2076697

View attachment 2076699

The old man is still swingin and eyeballing stuff. Some decent luck this week with respectable finds, good exercise and it keeps me busy and out of mischief. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin

P.S. Winter came back the other morning, when I woke up to a couple inches of snow. It just doesn’t want to let go. We also had a visit from a flock of wild turkeys. They come by and walk through our yard every now and then. I haven’t hunted in years so they are safe from me, but not my neighbor who is an avid hunter.

View attachment 2076693

View attachment 2076695

View attachment 2076696
Very Nice!!! Killer pic of the Turkeys😁! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Killer pic of the Turkeys😁! Congrats!!!
Glad you like the picture. Here is one from about 10 days ago with the males showing off.

E843B533-38FC-4BBC-BDE9-E09FAD21C7BA.jpeg

Thanks for the reply, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions