Silver, Gold, Civil War, and POLICE

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The past few days have been some of the nicest days I've had detecting. First, the weather has been stupendous. Second, I've been working a small section of a large park I've been to many times before and there have been many interesting finds. Here are some of the highlights:

Large silver bracelet with silver beads (took a while to find all the beads!) plus a 10gram 10K 1973 class ring (trying to find owner)

a1.jpg

A closer view of the ring

a2.jpg

Silver Washington

a3.jpg

Some kind of old buckle

a4.jpg

Old lipstick (kind of gross actually, but the brass part is cool)

a5.jpg

CW-era minie ball and a lead figurine (pretty sure it's a policeman); I could find no manufacturer info on the figurine, wish I knew who made it and how old it is

a6.jpg

Another view

a7.jpg

Also found a lot of clad (and pulltabs) and a handful of wheaties. Thanks for looking and HH

Upvote 4

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yah i see the policeman now in this photo with the blue... the photo in What Is It i couldn't make out the blue like this one.. Neat finds..

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds, especially the class ring. odd lead figure. I wonder why his head is cocked to the side

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! I'm sure Subterranean will be able to tell you something about the lead figurine. :thumbsup:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chris,

I have been looking at the pix of your figure, and comparing them with the pix in my reference books. I have not been able to locate an exact match, sorry. You are correct, the figure may be of a police officer at attention, or possibly a WW1 to WW2 US Marine in blue dress uniform. The oval base is different from any I could find. Britains soldiers have rectangular bases and most dimestore figures from America are larger (70mm) in height. Yours appears more to be a 54 mm or smaller, am I correct? I will continue to look for you and let you know if I find anything. Happy hunting, Subterranean.

OP
OP
rastinirv

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chris,

I have been looking at the pix of your figure, and comparing them with the pix in my reference books. I have not been able to locate an exact match, sorry. You are correct, the figure may be of a police officer at attention, or possibly a WW1 to WW2 US Marine in blue dress uniform. The oval base is different from any I could find. Britains soldiers have rectangular bases and most dimestore figures from America are larger (70mm) in height. Yours appears more to be a 54 mm or smaller, am I correct? I will continue to look for you and let you know if I find anything. Happy hunting, Subterranean.

Thanks alot for taking a look at it. It is 2 and 1/16th inches long, which I think puts it under 54mm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread