Silver hat trick and some regret

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the family on vacation up north last week, and brought along my detector. Hit a park after hours so my kids could fish. I worked a small area near a bathhouse with the AT Pro. In just about one hour, I dug three silvers, an 1888 Indian Head penny, some clad, and several wheat pennies. I made the mistake of celebrating that night with a couple of cold IPAs and a meatloaf dinner, which triggered a painful case of gout. Wish I made better choices, as no digging (or walking) for me for now. Good luck, happy hunting, and be careful with your celebrations😁.
4C00FD0D-4098-4E4A-B9F2-7DAD02F1299C.jpeg
8E8A68D0-E9DF-4FA8-ABFC-070FD23120DB.jpeg
BD9DE8B9-9829-448A-8D77-B879D73FB09A.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 24
OP
OP
lenmac65

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gout...another bad invention! Had to give up beer for good! Nice finds though!
Thanks. I have barely drank for years because of the threat of gout, and may have to give it up all together. Just not worth it any more.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I took the family on vacation up north last week, and brought along my detector. Hit a park after hours so my kids could fish. I worked a small area near a bathhouse with the AT Pro. In just about one hour, I dug three silvers, an 1888 Indian Head penny, some clad, and several wheat pennies in a relatively small area. I made the mistake of celebrating that night with a couple of cold IPAs and a meatloaf dinner, which triggered a painful case of gout. Wish I made better choices, as no digging (or walking) for me for now. Good luck, happy hunting, and be careful with your celebrations😁. View attachment 2039237 View attachment 2039238 View attachment 2039239
Congratulations on your awesome. Let’s hope you feel better soon so you can get back out there.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the family on vacation up north last week, and brought along my detector. Hit a park after hours so my kids could fish. I worked a small area near a bathhouse with the AT Pro. In just about one hour, I dug three silvers, an 1888 Indian Head penny, some clad, and several wheat pennies. I made the mistake of celebrating that night with a couple of cold IPAs and a meatloaf dinner, which triggered a painful case of gout. Wish I made better choices, as no digging (or walking) for me for now. Good luck, happy hunting, and be careful with your celebrations😁. View attachment 2039237 View attachment 2039238 View attachment 2039239
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the family on vacation up north last week, and brought along my detector. Hit a park after hours so my kids could fish. I worked a small area near a bathhouse with the AT Pro. In just about one hour, I dug three silvers, an 1888 Indian Head penny, some clad, and several wheat pennies. I made the mistake of celebrating that night with a couple of cold IPAs and a meatloaf dinner, which triggered a painful case of gout. Wish I made better choices, as no digging (or walking) for me for now. Good luck, happy hunting, and be careful with your celebrations😁. View attachment 2039237 View attachment 2039238 View attachment 2039239
nice finds and love that silver! sorry bout the gout, I used to really suffer but changes in nutrition and medication have made a huge difference

OP
OP
lenmac65

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds and love that silver! sorry bout the gout, I used to really suffer but changes in nutrition and medication have made a huge difference
Thanks. Sure was fun digging them. As for gout, it feels like someone hit my foot with a sledgehammer. I have been avoiding gout flare ups by skipping certain foods and limiting alcohol, but may need to go more drastic if I want to avoid daily meds. Glad you have it under control, as it is a miserable thing to suffer.

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunting trip you had minus the after ache. HAPPY HUNTING

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread