Silver Quarter Spill

wyohunter99

May 22, 2010
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Ctx & Deus
Havnt posted in a while but I have still been hunting and swinging the good old CTX3030. Decided to hit up some curb strips in the older part of town this morning. Got a nice repeatable 13-46,47 at 5” dug down and saw an old plastic sprinkler thought…. damn! Stood back up and noticed the signal was more off to the side so dug another plug and bam silver quarter!!! Ended up finding 8 silver quarters in the hole. Also found a Merc and some wheats. Also found another silver quarter and a Merc yesterday!

Attachments

• FAEDC509-4C8F-4A56-A35A-1CC7A3503770.jpeg
    FAEDC509-4C8F-4A56-A35A-1CC7A3503770.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 172
Upvote 10

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! There has to be an unknown story with that spill....newspaper boy lost his coin pouch or something...great recovery!

OP
OP
wyohunter99

wyohunter99

May 22, 2010
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Ctx & Deus
Wow! There has to be an unknown story with that spill....newspaper boy lost his coin pouch or something...great recovery!
I was thinking it may have been some kind of cache stash or a partial roll and the paper deteriorated away. Who knows almost seems like it was deliberately put there….

Reactions: kac

Allen Jackson

Apr 21, 2019
Bristol, TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 , Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havnt posted in a while but I have still been hunting and swinging the good old CTX3030. Decided to hit up some curb strips in the older part of town this morning. Got a nice repeatable 13-46,47 at 5” dug down and saw an old plastic sprinkler thought…. damn! Stood back up and noticed the signal was more off to the side so dug another plug and bam silver quarter!!! Ended up finding 8 silver quarters in the hole. Also found a Merc and some wheats. Also found another silver quarter and a Merc yesterday!
all I can say is Holy Cow Batman thats awesome

kac

Aug 4, 2021
North East
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Seahunter MKII, Apex, Makro Multi Kruzer, Tesoro Tejon. Started with a BH Tracker 505 back in early 90's.
Nokta Pulse Pointer and Minelab Profind 35.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does look like a lost roll. 3030 is good on silver like that, most machines will iron wrap especially with dd's. Great find!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread