Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all
Had a great day today even if I only hunted for an hour. For the moment my RV is parked behind my dads place in a yard I grew up playin in. The house was built in the 30's and is great for growin nails and pulltabs. I have hunted the yard here a few times in the past and always get a few coins and lots of trash. I knew the yard had to have silver but it just refused to give it up. The spot I hunted today is one I had avoided until now. At the edge of the yard by the street in the front there has always been a wood fence. This fence has been repaired and replaced over the years so the ground is loaded with nails. Today I braved the iron desert, and it payed off. I figured if I took out as many nails as possible I might score. I was right. I ended up with a strange signal that kinda jumped around in the dime and quarter range, and was tough to pinpoint. I cut the plug and the first coin to pop up was the 1945 s quarter. The next was the 1940 s merc. As always I rechecked the hole several times and in the side of the hole was the 1934 quarter. My Lesche was hungry and took a bite out of the 34', but that's quite fine by me. Gotta feed it once and a while. Anyway since I finally proved I was right in my assumption about there being silver in the front yard, I am still smilin. I know there is more but its not goin anywhere and I am in no hurry. Hope all your hunts are goin well.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• dadshouse.JPG
    dadshouse.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 799
  • dadshouse (2).JPG
    dadshouse (2).JPG
    145 KB · Views: 810
  • dadshouse (3).JPG
    dadshouse (3).JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 804
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In My Dream's JuJu.......Excellent work!!! :thumbsup:

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Silver is one of the sweetest finds and 3 in one hole that is tops. I too love to go where the iron is I know that is where the goodies are still hiding. Congrats on your finds.

midirtdevil

Sep 21, 2008
Holland, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Stuff! I bummed out today at detecting but you did great!!! KOD!!!!!

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Way to go juju ! :thumbsup:
Most of my good finds come from the front of houses and the parkways.
Mike

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dex378 said:
I wanna see the nails....... lol! Awesome find! There has to be more!!!
I think there are enough nails in that part of the yard to build a whole new fence. Not to mention screws and other junk. Some of the nails came from when my brothers and I put the new roof on the house. Those air nailers are too much fun when your little brother has nowhere to hide and of course I controlled the high ground. lol.

JuJu

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really love those Silver coins you found. There has to be more good silver in that yard.

Got a question, what detector are you using to find all those nails and are you hunting in all metal? Just kind of wondered. I would think with all the fine detectors you have you could program the nails out and still do a fine job of coin hunting and jewelry hunting.

Another place you might want to hunt around your house is anywhere there are big tress
on your property. In the old days, before air conditioning, folks sat under trees to cool off in
the summer. My wife's home place is like that. She even had pictures of her sitting out under the
trees in the summer to keep cool. Lots of coin spill in those area's.

Good Luck and HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ringfinder said:
Really love those Silver coins you found. There has to be more good silver in that yard.

Got a question, what detector are you using to find all those nails and are you hunting in all metal? Just kind of wondered. I would think with all the fine detectors you have you could program the nails out and still do a fine job of coin hunting and jewelry hunting.

Another place you might want to hunt around your house is anywhere there are big tress
on your property. In the old days, before air conditioning, folks sat under trees to cool off in
the summer. My wife's home place is like that. She even had pictures of her sitting out under the
trees in the summer to keep cool. Lots of coin spill in those area's.

Good Luck and HH, Ringfinder
I was runnin the MXT today. It can cancel out iron but masking on deeper targets does become a problem. So I usually keep the discrimination pretty loose. I am sure there is more silver but the trash has to come out first. The house was built in the 30's and if ya dig too deep like we did as kids you find all kind of debris. The surrounding homes are at a lower level, which makes me believe that my dads place is built on fill. Either way it will be a place to hunt for many more years. Luck in the hunt.
JuJu

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Excellent work!!!! :) Yesterday you had a bad day with digging all the trash but today it payed off major for you! Nice job on the three silver coins! :thumbsup:

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
That '45 Quarter looks sweet.

It is satisfying to pull silver from a site that you know has it but have hunted numerous times without finding any.

My mom's property was that way. We must have hunted that place 20 times before we found silver.

Bob

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mercs are my favorite and you have some nice finds.
Way to brave the nails, sure paid off.
Rob

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent silver, again someone finding silver!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool pocket spill, congratulations !! :thumbsup: I can't wait for my first silver pocket spill.

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread