SILVER RING ID HELP NEEDED

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_1152.JPG
On Sunday's hunt I dug a small thin Sterling silver ring weighing in at only 1.28 grams. Other than the usual .925 marking it also has additional letters and numbers.........P11 S 925 ALE48. I'm wondering if the ALE is the owner's initials and the 48 maybe the date of manufacture? The "S" could mean sterling? The P11 being the design number? Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 11

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find. It’s a ‘wishbone’ ring from the Danish jewellery company Pandora founded in 1982, but the ring is very much more recent.

P11 denotes which of Pandora’s workshops made it.

S925 indicates it to be sterling. They only recently changed from ‘925’ to ‘S925’ in order to comply with international standards.

The ALE letters are the initials of the father of Per Enevoldsen who founded Pandora and used on their jewellery as a tribute to him.

The number 48 is the European ring size = 4.5 as an American size.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good find. It’s a ‘wishbone’ ring from the Danish jewellery company Pandora founded in 1982, but the ring is very much more recent.

P11 denotes which of Pandora’s workshops made it.

S925 indicates it to be sterling. They only recently changed from ‘925’ to ‘S925’ in order to comply with international standards.

The ALE letters are the initials of the father of Per Enevoldsen who founded Pandora and used on their jewellery as a tribute to him.

The number 48 is the European ring size = 4.5 as an American size.
Great information.....Thank you

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1988389 On Sunday's hunt I dug a small thin Sterling silver ring weighing in at only 1.28 grams. Other than the usual .925 marking it also has additional letters and numbers.........P11 S 925 ALE48. I'm wondering if the ALE is the owner's initials and the 48 maybe the date of manufacture? The "S" could mean sterling? The P11 being the design number? Any help would be appreciated.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first silver this year was a broken ring. Like the back was cut off or something. The only mark inside was ALE 52. It led me to Pandora like others have said.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread