Silver!!! Today!!!

Martinm1

Jun 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was pretty excited about finding another piece of silver. This one is a tennis bracelet and of course the stones are not diamonds lol I have a question though....I collect everything I find but is there a company, person or someplace I could bring in my silver and have them turn it into a small 5oz bar for me? Do any of you guys do that or know of someone that does?

Attachments

• 20220608_104146.jpg
    20220608_104146.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 179
  • 20220608_154732.jpg
    20220608_154732.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 20220608_154754.jpg
    20220608_154754.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
Upvote 24

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was pretty excited about finding another piece of silver. This one is a tennis bracelet and of course the stones are not diamonds lol I have a question though....I collect everything I find but is there a company, person or someplace I could bring in my silver and have them turn it into a small 5oz bar for me? Do any of you guys do that or know of someone that does?
Might be somebody here to do that,if so they,ll be along. In the meantime you might search for silver or precious metal refineries and see what you come up with. I know a lot of folks sell to Midwest Refineries but don,t know if they do a melt and return as bars deal. Check them out and see!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the great looking tennis bracelet.
To get a company to smelt-return to you a bar might be cost prohibitive.
5oz of silver is worth under a $100
Cool idea but if it was me I'd sell the jewelry like the bracelet as jewelry.
Take the profits and put it towards a silver bar/round.

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 6.56.30 AM.png

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice bracelet, just love that silver. I saw a video with YouTuber Plugmaster Ford where he melted his own silver and made them into bars or ingots. No clue on whether he would do this as a service. You'd have to find a fair bit of silver to make an ingot.

I keep all of my in-tact silver jewelry for display and gifts. I have a growing pile of mangled and otherwise ugly silver that I intended to have a local jeweler make into new jewelry for me. This is not a cost effective plan at all, but I like the idea of my bride, family member or friend, sporting an original piece of silver jewelry made out of something shiny that slipped under my coil. HH

OP
OP
M

Martinm1

Jun 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great looking tennis bracelet.
To get a company to smelt-return to you a bar might be cost prohibitive.
5oz of silver is worth under a $100
Cool idea but if it was me I'd sell the jewelry like the bracelet as jewelry.
Take the profits and put it towards a silver bar/round.

View attachment 2032141
I think that's the direction I'm going to take, who knows what the price of silver will be like if inflation continues on for a few years right? But what do I do with the broken pieces I find that I can't sell? Like earings or chains? Collect and sell for scrap?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think that's the direction I'm going to take, who knows what the price of silver will be like if inflation continues on for a few years right? But what do I do with the broken pieces I find that I can't sell? Like earings or chains? Collect and sell for scrap?
Most buyers will pay spot-profit.
Weigh up all the bits and pieces.
5 oz.=$100 type ad.
Lots of folks buying precious metals for the future.

Another idea is buy a Charter Membership for $20
Advertise the silver scrap on the forum.
Then there is a readership and there is folks that want the extra $$$ in PMs instead of greenbacks.
Then go buy the ingot from the sale.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I scrap all my junk silver, dug lead, copper and brass whatsits and get around fifty or so bucks a month (most communities have a local scrapyard that will buy all of it at once, jewelers will offer more for silver and gold though) and that money goes into the gas fund for more detecting trips so the cycle of life repeats. Have fun looks like you are doing well!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Silver exits the hole so gracefully:)

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great!!

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach, park find?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread