Simplex ground balance question.

Rustycans

Apr 9, 2022
Hello, my father and I have recently gotten back into detecting after a 20 year hiatus. I am running an Garrett at max and he is running a Simplex. For some reason his balances at much lower numbers - 30 to 45 when mine will be usually in high 70s to mid 80s. If I manually turn his to numbers similar to mine it seems to run a lot quieter. Is this normal or am I just stuck on my Garrett numbers? Any help appreciated.

Upvote 3

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Rustycans!
tn_metal_detector.gif
If no one can identify your find - you might consider posting your question on BRANDS > GARRETT > GARRETT AT MAX for more exposure...

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my father and I have recently gotten back into detecting after a 20 year hiatus. I am running an Garrett at max and he is running a Simplex. For some reason his balances at much lower numbers - 30 to 45 when mine will be usually in high 70s to mid 80s. If I manually turn his to numbers similar to mine it seems to run a lot quieter. Is this normal or am I just stuck on my Garrett numbers? Any help appreciated.
I don,t know,but welcome to Tnet,you,ve come to the right place!

OP
OP
R

Rustycans

Apr 9, 2022
I really don't know but my simplex out of the box grounds at about 90. Let us know.
Brian
Tried just running at 90. Seemed to run fine. Even found a few tokens and US Army service collar disc at about 7-8 inches. Tried manual adjusting and numbers came up around 30 again…not sure.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Simplex + would balance near the same numbers....(if) and only if you both were way apart from each other or the other machine was off...,
Ground Balance over SAME PATCH of ground, with no EMI in area, too...!
THAT would be a good test, to answer all questions on differences of MACHINES and Ground Phase!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread