Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been reading several threads on the simplex plus and users have stated the lower shaft flexes to much can anyone tell me if this is still the case with the Simplex Plus, a lot of people state the lower shaft needs to be replaced with a new carbon fiber lower shaft to fix and Nokta/macro has also put some kind of shaft insert that goes in the shaft connecting end helps to fix the shaft flex issue

i have just placed an order for a new Simplex Plus with the free 9.5 x 5 inch coil for my grandson, I would like to know if I should purchase the carbon fiber lower shaft for the simplex plus also, just thinking ahead what I might have to purchase, I have also read a thread that says Nokta/Macro includes the Carbon Fiber lower shaft now on the new units, really do not know if that is correct or not,
have messaged Nokta/Macro several days ago but have not received a response back yet

thanks for reading

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's relatively flexible but not terribly so. Not a necessary day-one upgrade, but might be something you'd decide to buy after a few months. That's what I did with mine.
would hate to purchase the carbon fiber shaft if it already included though, although I could and then just keep the coil I am not using mounted on the spare shaft which I like the idea of

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that's what i did , put the big coil on the carbon
first welcome to TNET

I take it you just got your simplex plus and if you did, did it come with a carbon fiber lower or not

also noticed your avatar taco money: and you are holding a Banjo the Banjo is my other passion I have 3 open Backs one of which is a Long Neck that is fretless and a resonator I also built myself a Gourd Banjo

Last edited:

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that the supposed 'shaft' challenge occurs more with tall folks using the Simplex. Being 5' 7", I'm quite happy with my Simplex's stock shaft. The weight difference isn't all that noticeable since the carbon shaft is ever so slightly lighter. I did purchase a carbon shaft to mount an additional coil but it wasn't necessary, just a 'like-to-have'. Hope this helps. Have fun, ... that Simplex with the SP24 is quite the machine.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's relatively flexible but not terribly so. Not a necessary day-one upgrade, but might be something you'd decide to buy after a few months. That's what I did with mine.
I agree about the flex but not big issue especially with smaller coil
Enjoy the machine!
Nokta macro doesn’t answer text or email

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree about the flex but not big issue especially with smaller coil
Enjoy the machine!
Nokta macro doesn’t answer text or email
yes I am starting to figure that out about Nokta/Macro for a company that a lot has stated are customer oriented, I am not really seeing it, i sent a email to them over 2 weeks ago with the same questions i have posted up on TNET and have heard nothing so far the email could have become lost and i am aware of that but i have no way of knowing that it did, my email did not come back undelivered and shows up in my sent mail, i sent it from the nokta/macro web site

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that the supposed 'shaft' challenge occurs more with tall folks using the Simplex. Being 5' 7", I'm quite happy with my Simplex's stock shaft. The weight difference isn't all that noticeable since the carbon shaft is ever so slightly lighter. I did purchase a carbon shaft to mount an additional coil but it wasn't necessary, just a 'like-to-have'. Hope this helps. Have fun, ... that Simplex with the SP24 is quite the machine.
well that may be an issue for my grandson since he is 6ft 5 inches tall already at almost 13 years old his father is tall also they both get that from me as i am over 7 ft thats about the only trait they get from me LOL

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well that may be an issue for my grandson since he is 6ft 5 inches tall already at almost 13 years old his father is tall also they both get that from me as i am over 7 ft thats about the only trait they get from me LOL
Aha!
So the machine is extended pretty much full length already huh - then by all means get the stiffener for the lower pole

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aha!
So the machine is extended pretty much full length already huh - then by all means get the stiffener for the lower pole
it is not put together yet as i am waiting for it to be delivered, i am just thinking ahead as to what extras he might need i still want to get him a pin pointer also, it should be here early next week as long as nothing gets lost in shipping, like one of my banjos did when i ordered it

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it is not put together yet as i a m waiting for it to be delivered, i am just thinking ahead as to what extras he might need i still want to get him a pin pointer also, it should be here early next week as long as nothing gets lost in shipping, like one of my banjos did when i ordered it
And grab a plastic scoop/digger also - may come in handy, recovering stuff faster and less damage to stuff.
Let's not forget a main digger, for sure - metal - your choice!
The Simplex gets easier as you go - patience...!
Enjoy the time with him...!

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And grab a plastic scoop/digger also - may come in handy, recovering stuff faster and less damage to stuff.
Let's not forget a main digger, for sure - metal - your choice!
The Simplex gets easier as you go - patience...!
Enjoy the time with him...!
I already have a couple of plastic scoops because of gold detection and you are correct it makes recovery real quick ave been using that method for years

Also picked up a Predator tools Raptor hand digger for digging in manicured lawns, which I really like a lot thinking about picking him up a predator tools shovel also the Lady bug which does not have serrated edges on it

AZDTR

Tenderfoot
May 4, 2022
White Mountains Apache County Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Classic 2
Whites Coinmaster 2 (Old BFO)
This is kind of an old post, but I recently sent an email to Nokta asking if the simplex now comes with the lower CF shaft. Here is the reply I got:

Thank you for reaching us.

You need to buy Lower Shaft (Carbon Fiber) extra.

Best Regards

Ceylan ÖNLEK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions