Simplex Update 4/17/2020 Is Here

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gotta be honest These guys knocked it out of the park on this update. All my pet peaves are cured. No way anything in this price range can touch the Simplex.

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only used it for 10 minutes, but the tones seem so much better, probably because I'm also getting much less chatter. I'm curious about the mineralization meter. It seems straight-forward, but it would be good to see more of an explanation possibly in an updated manual. Previously, the wired headphones I use were WAY too loud for high tones to the point I had to keep the volume on 1. Now I can have it all the way up and it's fine. Very pleased with the update. Can't wait to get out in a good spot, hopefully tomorrow, if there aren't any people around.

StinkinLincoln

Feb 20, 2018
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The link doesn’t work for me. Also can’t find any update info on their website. Did find a YouTube video where Dilek announced the update is available but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone help?

buckee

Greenie
Apr 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Simplex+ | Nokta Makro Metal Detectors
Then software updates

StinkinLincoln

Feb 20, 2018
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where’s the update?

Go to Simplex+ | Nokta Makro Metal Detectors
Then software updates
Please include the exact link. I have repeatedly gone to the Nokta Makro website and tried every link there but do not see anything about software updates anywhere. The link included above in the first post brings up a message that it is a “Forbidden Server”!!
Thanks!

StinkinLincoln

Feb 20, 2018
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duh!

Here ya go, ... you might need to clear your internet browser history prior

https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/simplex-metal-detector/

I’ve been looking at the Nokta Makro website from my phone. It finally dawned on me that their mobile website is different from their full website!🥴 Duh!
I’m anxious to download the update and see if I really can eke out a little more depth. The other updates look promising too. Sorry to waste everyone’s time!

jet747

Greenie
Jul 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting this , for some reason I thought they had just been updated. I purchased this machine for my son while I use the NOX . He didn't go with me today so I used his machine for half of the hunt (pre-update) . WOW ! This Simplex is a great machine . Coins were just screaming at me !

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The update really helps this machine - Previously I only used it in the field program because the Park program was weak and the vdi was jumpy, The updated park program is much better really helped my biggest compliant with the machine. Also the programs are in a nice order now and the up button is handy to exit the controls. Very nice - well done update

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been trying to update all day nothing works...file will not incert ...this is much harder than a Deus update.
OK got it now .

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a 2.77 update out now

rgalan2003

Jun 14, 2005
pachuca mexico
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
deus xp v2.0,cscope 1220xd,yukon compass 77b(automatic and no automatic)nautilus IIB,teknetics mark I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kel1

Greenie
Mar 16, 2019
NW Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS III, bought new in the '80's and still own! Fisher F2, Delta 4000, Hunt Mate and Nokta pin pointers, and now added the Nokta Simplex+ with added sp24 coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V2.77 is a nice addition. I love the silence button when using a pinpointer. Although, at first I kept forgettting to turn it back on and was wondering why the Simplex was so quiet. LOL.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm almost done being a long-time lurker and a first-time buyer. So, the Simplex is really that good of a machine, eh?

Even Tom Dankowski says it performs as a flagship detector, and he believes they are selling it way too cheap.
I absolutely love mine.
Fun to use, top level performance, not a lot of settings to fuss with. I have my Impact for all the settings when I want to really drill down and dissect a site.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
make sure to extract it into it's own folder.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you buy your Simplex new, it should have the updates already made on the machine. I LOVE my Simplex. Once you get it dialed in and become familiar with the tones and VDI's, you can tune out a lot of stuff. When I first took mine out, I was digging way too many bottle caps and other junk. Now, I only dig quarters. This summer, with Covid keeping me off the beaches for a while, I've had to limit my hunts to local parks. In 3 months, of just hunting quarters, I've bagged close to $150. I'll dig the occasional dime and nickel, but those pennies sound too much like bottle caps, and quite frankly with my bad back and advancing years, I've just decided I don't want to hassle with everything else. I also have a Minelab E-Trac, and while its a good machine, its a little on the heavy side and its response time is slow. It might be a little more accurate sniffing out old silver, but here in modern day San Jose, my chances of finding old silver are slim. Whatever you decide, happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread