fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for thee hours this morning to a new spot. It was very cool and breezy for our part of the country but one good find warmed me up. I was hunting into the breeze when a small gust made me turn to the right. I went about 15 feet and got my only good signal for the day. I turned over a clod of dirt and silver fell out. I didn't have my glasses on and thought it was a modern coin. I was very happy to discover that it was a seated liberty dime and in the best shape of all the ones I have found. One small nick on the edge is the only blemish on it. It is an 1842 and that makes it 179 years old. My buddy told me God meant for me to find this one so he caused the wind to blow me in the right direction!

Attachments

• 20211030_171135.jpg
    20211030_171135.jpg
    560.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 20211030_171254.jpg
    20211030_171254.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 31

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the old silver.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for thee hours this morning to a new spot. It was very cool and breezy for our part of the country but one good find warmed me up. I was hunting into the breeze when a small gust made me turn to the right. I went about 15 feet and got my only good signal for the day. I turned over a clod of dirt and silver fell out. I didn't have my glasses on and thought it was a modern coin. I was very happy to discover that it was a seated liberty dime and in the best shape of all the ones I have found. One small nick on the edge is the only blemish on it. It is an 1842 and that makes it 179 years old. My buddy told me God meant for me to find this one so he caused the wind to blow me in the right direction!
Very Nice!!!! Very Good Day!!! Congrats!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic coin- Congrats! For the record, I agree with your buddy.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seated coins are always exciting to find. I have one quarter and a few dimes.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A very good possibility. Congratulations on your super seated!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread