Skunked and Freezing on the Beach This Morning!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 11

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No joy on Long Island today. I haven't been "skunked" in a long time, but Point Lookout was as clean as my grandmother's kitchen this morning. It was great to hang out with a couple of good friends and have a nice breakfast at IHOP after we thawed out!

Terry. Getting together with friends is a special time I’m confident big rewards will come very soon

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Terry, I almost went to Point Lookout today as well, but I went to Tobay instead and in the afternoon, when it was warmer! It was sanded in a little, but did manage to get a few keepers. Don’t give up on the LI beaches. Still a lot of good stuff waiting to be found this winter! You got to dress warm and brave the eliments!

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You're right Terry...a day at the beach with friends is a good day regardless of the lack of real finds.
However, down here in Florida, we always find something---if not gold or silver...plenty of aluminum! And when people ask me what I'm looking for or what I've found, without hesitation, I tell them that whatever I find, that's exactly what I was looking for. :laughing7:

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yep; told my wife I would giver here whatever I found. Now this isn’t my idea, it is from the tv show “The Detectorists”. I don’t think she got it. HH all.
35F67F39-CB6D-414C-ACBF-A8CF4C500631.jpeg

OH..POPS

Dec 18, 2021
Medway Ohio
Detector(s) used
Pops old one
Garrett Ace 400
Bounty Hunter
Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The cold is bad enough but in Middle Tenn. today we're also covered with snow and the cold. I know snow shouldn't stop me but . . .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread