Slow in here

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
its just not slow there, I think a lot of organizations have slowed alot, in my area many shops and stores have cut hours due to limited employee availability or have closed completely. Some shops been here for 50 years.

If they are not open as much its hard to get in to make some finds.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, very slow. I scored many things yesterday and nobody has commented. It was like show and tell and comments received in the past, and now just, well, show and tell.

I don't stop pandemic or not. I still head out religiously. My advantage is the weather here in Orlando compared to other states. I was able to hit three communities by 9am. :-)

Artslinger

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garage sales here in Florida were cut to almost nothing due to the virus, they have returned but no where near the amount we use to have.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garage sales here in Florida were cut to almost nothing due to the virus, they have returned but no where near the amount we use to have.
You are correct! The sales are not as far and wide as before. I can just imagine the gold mines in the South Florida area, with so many affluent cities. Still with the pandemic, there has to be some great scores out there. Been meaning to take off on a Friday, stay at hotel, hit the sales, and then go to the Thunderbird Swap Meet. Those used to be my stumping grounds back in the 90s.

artslinger

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still on the hunt, but not finding a great deal of the things I seek out. I did pick this old inkwell up at a thrift store cheap a few days back. Bought it because it looks like maybe later 19th century and has a nice patina to the brass. It cost a bit over 4 bucks. Not sure what I could get out of it, but I do know there's a few in the world who collect old inkwells. No identifying marks on it.

Attachments

• 20211206_202136.jpg
    20211206_202136.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211206_202147.jpg
    20211206_202147.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 34

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I relocated about 18 months ago from south Fl. to Lexington Ky. Lets just say south Florida is a whole other world when it comes to picking. The land of low hanging fruit in more ways than one. My finds here, few as they have been, have come from local auction houses and an estate sale or two over the summer. Garage sales are crap around here. Thrift stores are even worse.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s been crazy slow in here and thrift shop sub forum. Is it the pandemic? Just wondering. I used to look forward to seeing all the new finds over the weekend but last year has been dead. I know for me one real issue was the loss of the app. But I’ll try to do a better job posting even the not great finds.
My link to this page has been inactive for more than a month. I just tried to come back through treasurenet. A change in URL could be why its slow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread