Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PXL_20211212_190923059.jpg

Found this Slick Liberty Quarter in the old house foundation I've been combing over. It was completely invisible to the detector until I got it on the surface. I was using my ATpro with the NEL snake coil in zero mode and I've found a lot of signals I missed in the past, but it's a struggle to isolate them with how much iron is in the ground.

I went out with a magnet to try to get the nails out of the way to unmask the good signals I know are there. Found quite a few square nails, but I don't think they're all that old. Other finds date the site to mid-late 1800's through maybe 1960. This nail was most likely used on a shiplap heart pine planks (based on my experience renovating old houses and trying to get these little @^&%# out without demolishing the house)
PXL_20211211_182616056.jpg
Obligatory dig pic. I was really hoping I'd get seated or a haircut, but I'll take it!

Upvote 6

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SLQ's are always a great find, in any condition- Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1996842

Found this Slick Liberty Quarter in the old house foundation I've been combing over. It was completely invisible to the detector until I got it on the surface. I was using my ATpro with the NEL snake coil in zero mode and I've found a lot of signals I missed in the past, but it's a struggle to isolate them with how much iron is in the ground.

I went out with a magnet to try to get the nails out of the way to unmask the good signals I know are there. Found quite a few square nails, but I don't think they're all that old. Other finds date the site to mid-late 1800's through maybe 1960. This nail was most likely used on a shiplap heart pine planks (based on my experience renovating old houses and trying to get these little @^&%# out without demolishing the house) View attachment 1996843 .
Obligatory dig pic. I was really hoping I'd get seated or a haircut, but I'll take it!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread