Sluice Fox

OP
OP
D

Don Barton

Mar 27, 2022
Try shaking the 5lbs. first either dry or wet to get the heavies down to the bottom of the container you are shaking. Then remove most of the material out of that container except the bottom 1/2" or so. Then sluice that material to see what you may find. Better yet hand pan that material to see what you may have after screening the material say through 75 - 100 mesh screen.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran a test this morning on my 48” sluice fox sluice ran a 5lb bag of Sluiceboy prospecting nugget bag pan the tailings not a speck of gold this little sluice will catch and hold gold period! Used my Goldhog power pig mounted at the top with 1100gph pump
dont buy random paydirt. either buy gold and make your own or buy from a seller with a guaranteed weight range specified.

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran a test this morning on my 48” sluice fox sluice ran a 5lb bag of Sluiceboy prospecting nugget bag pan the tailings not a speck of gold this little sluice will catch and hold gold period! Used my Goldhog power pig mounted at the top with 1100gph pump
You said there's nothing in the tailings, what did you find in the mat?

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
Another way to check tailings for real fine gold is to pour a teaspoon of SALT per 5 lbs into them wet and bring to a boil in skillet. Now add cold water till able to pour into pan(without melting:unhappysmiley:) and take it down to black sands. Should reveal fine gold by counteracting SULFIDES ion bond.
What angle did you use please. 2 inch per foot? That box can be finnicky and it sounds like you got it dialed in.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions