Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy,

In recent weeks I left Florida and have been in New Mexico, Arizona and California on a prospecting vacation. What fun!

Now I find myself in the Seattle area and tring to re-connect with Magic Mike and the Sluice Goose who generously took me prospecting here on the Skykomish river a few years ago. Sadly, I just found out the the Goose moved to Florida!

Question, does anyone remember the avitar for Magic Mike, or contact information?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regard to all, Thurman

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thurman, what city are you staying in?

There's a number of spots I could recommend to you, but
they're not on the Sky.

OP
OP
T

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks et,

Knew it was something like that but could not come up with it on my own.

Thurman

OP
OP
T

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey DizzyDigger,

I am staying in Edmonds. The Sky is tough. But as you know, nothing is very close to Edmonds especially with the way traffic has exploded lately. Much worse than even 5 or 6 years ago. I lived in Lynnwood back in the late fifties - going to school at UW, before feeeways arrived.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Thurman

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thurman, have you tried Olney creek, easy to get to although the gold is spotty, it is there. Beware of the horse flies.

OP
OP
T

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good suggestion et1955.

I have sampled Olney three times in the past. First, I tried way up the creek - big rocks, etc. Then half way down to the bridge, gravel bars and shallow areas for any flood type gold. Never had much luck except for lots of bird shot, but even that was fun. Finally I tried further downstream near the bridge. Similar results. I have never been below the bridge.

I have read in the past, perhaps from you, that digging down to bedrock can have its rewards. Might try that.

traveling to see a relative, I passed over Peshastin (sp?) creek and it looked mighty "fishy" in gold terms. I have no idea if it has a gold history.

Thanks, Thurman

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Peshastin creek was very rich, seriously mined back in the 1870's although you can still find gold the but there are so many claims there, also I found a quarter inch flake at the 9 mile mark where the switch backs start on Olney. Olney will test your skills also don't forget to do some mossing, I had good luck doing that.

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thurman, if you don't have any other luck, look up El Burrow on youtube. Magic Mike now goes out with him and you may be able to contact him through El Burrow. They still prospect the same general areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread