Sluice riffles

gcchadwick

Tenderfoot
May 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever used vinyl siding for drop riffles or do you think it would work?
My dad and i have used sluces for a very long time. We have seen them with little eddy current under cuts with 90°to45° riffle angles spaced anywhere from 2"to6" apart. And have found that a riffle 1" tall at 40° down stream angle spaced 4" apart worked the best for a sigle hand operation. Also a very important item...astro turf or green scottch brite under lament.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever used vinyl siding for drop riffles or do you think it would work?
I don't think the 'drop' on vinyl siding would catch much of anything. Six or four inch Dia. Corrugated downspout tubing cut in half lengthwise (with the proper feed & water supply) will work to some degree.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't think the 'drop' on vinyl siding would catch much of anything. Six or four inch Dia. Corrugated downspout tubing cut in half lengthwise (with the proper feed & water supply) will work to some degree.
With much deeper drop on the groove should help out. There will likely be a lot of iron also going into the grooves. Maybe rerun the material that is cot the first time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread