✅ SOLVED Small gold tube with black plastic plunger.

Oct 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1444001769560.jpg 1444001819496.jpg Hello,
I have been settling a family estate and came across a small carboard box contained in a jewelry box of vintage tie pins, cuff links, college rings, etc. The box lid is stamped on the inside: J.M. Nichols 2008 So. Garfield Alhambra, CA. In the box is a small, gold, decorated/etched tube with a little black plastic plunger that moves in and out of the tube. With the plunger pushed down it is about 2.75" long. Fully extended it is 4" long and, at its widest point, about 1/4" wide. It is stamped on the side "Fairchild 5". I am curious as heck to know what it is and have tried Googling with the limited clues we have to no avail. We have made some very interesting guesses. We are not really worried about value just would like to know what it is.
Thank you!

OP
OP
O
Oct 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does kind of look like a cigarette holder, but it is too small. Also, it only has a hole in the end the plunger goes in and out of.
Thabk you for the thought!

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
benz and deep are right on the money...mark solved...interesting they pulled it at same time

Upvote 0

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY NEW MEMBER WELCOME TO TNET AND NICE ESTATE BUY ....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O
Oct 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mystery Solved!

Thank you! The mystery is solved. The only downside is that my husband was right with his guess and now he will be unbearable to live with. LOL :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread