Small stone sculpture Asian?

Sitadevi

Greenie
Mar 24, 2023
8 inches maybe. Authentic replication Alva studios. I don’t recognize the art. I’m about to google the studio. My dad had lots of sculpture pieces he bought over the years. Not sure if they are worth anything, if anyone is looking to acquire these types of things.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
8 inches maybe. Authentic replication Alva studios. I don’t recognize the art. I’m about to google the studio. My dad had lots of sculpture pieces he bought over the years. Not sure if they are worth anything, if anyone is looking to acquire these types of things.
I would say he is using an abacus. Not sure what’s in left hand. Possibly a list of accounts that he needs to total. Neat piece. I’d guess him to be Chinese based on the hat, abacus and clothing.

Wonderwhatif

Mar 12, 2023
I think their repros of these Bookends, but only one. Either that or those bookends are also repros. I'll look into it further when I have a little time (I'm up to my eyeballs over here and just giving what basic info I can before I jump back to it!) and see if I can find more.

Doesn't seem like it would be worth much, so far

OP
OP
S

Sitadevi

Greenie
Mar 24, 2023
D99F50A6-C647-4137-B4E7-2D4BEEB488A9.png
I think their repros of these Bookends, but only one. Either that or those bookends are also repros. I'll look into it further when I have a little time (I'm up to my eyeballs over here and just giving what basic info I can before I jump back to it!) and see if I can find more.

Doesn't seem like it would be worth much, so far
Thank you, can’t believe you found this similar sculpture.
In searching the sticker on the bottom of piece, I found another museum replica piece that he also has that I thought was junk. The online image included the name of the piece, which I wasn’t aware of. I wonder if this scribe sculpture is a piece in some ny museum where it was purchased that I have yet to learn the name of yet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread