snail animation

Y

your old pal, Vic

I'm new to both the site and the book, but I've always been a big fan of "treasure hunts" and clue solving. A friend gave me "A Treasure's Trove" on Saturday. I figured out the anagram (and matching numbers) to the title (SAVE OUR TREES ART) and did a Google search on it. That's how I discovered this website and forum. I'm glad I did. It's refreshing to see that there are more people like me out there. My wife and friends aren't quite into this type of stuff.

I have some ideas and think that I've figured out some clues, but I'm going to wait to send them out until I go over all of the posts. I don't want to bring up subjects that you all have already beaten into the ground. By the way, you're all a sharp bunch and I'm looking forward to joining in on the hunt.

I did read the posts regarding the snail in the upper right corner of the first 8 pages of the book because I noticed this right away, as I come from an animation background. It's a fairly basic "walk cycle". When viewed one after the other it animates into a walk, or should I say, slither. I don't know if this means anything, but it does seem odd that it would just be in there for the hell of it. Each picture is directly tied to each other and it only happens this once. It is also interesting that in the text (page 50) it states that "...everyone, as usual, paid no attention to him." The same could be said about the animation at the top of the pages. I'm sure that no one really pays attention to it. But there it is. A moving image. In fact, the ONLY moving image in the book (that I have seen thus far).

The animation itself might not mean anything, but perhaps it could prove to be some sort of a metaphor. A series of things that don't warrant our attention by themselves, but when put together they "come to life". Maybe there are other things in the book that, when put together, equal something worthwhile. Much like the poem was a combination of various clues scattered on separate pages.

But then again, perhaps I am reaching.

For fun, I've put the animation of the snail together. You can view or download it at:
http://www.medialair.com/atreasurestrove/snail_animation.mov

I've doubled each picture and looped them 10 times. Enjoy. I look forward to reading the posts and catching up with everyone.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
WELCOME VIC, glad to have you aboard. i hope everyone else reads your post . it is a great thought and i think it's one we need to hash over .you've made a good point and i don't believe ms put anything in this book for no reason at all, though i do think he has a sense of humor . keep us posted , carol

P

pancho_semplice

Vic,

You are a most welcome addition to our little group! Good luck with the search!

Pancho aka Michael

OP
OP
Y

your old pal, Vic

Thank you, Carol and Pancho. I look forward to going through all of the posts. Looks like it may take awhile. In the meantime, I have something to throw out there. Regarding the book cover pattern of YE NOMENCLATURE OF FAERIES on page 37, I was wondering if it was a stereogram. ?Remember that MAGIC EYE artwork in the 80's or 90's? ?It was a form of 3-D that was manipulated in the computer into a seemingly random pattern. ?If you looked at it the right way, sort of cross eyed, a 3 dimensional object or text would appear out of the mayhem.

I've never been that great "seeing" the 3-D image pop out, so I haven't been able to find anything in the book pattern. ?Maybe someone else can give it a try and let me know if they find anything.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
VIC, I just viewed the snail animation. i loved it . i saw it posted before , but this was much better. i agree that we should keep an eye on the snail.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
VIC, sorry to post again ,but wanted to say the book of nomenclature i can't see anything everyone posts. PANCHO i believe has more insight on that page . there was talk before someone found words in there and i remember pancho was going to lok into with a lupe i believe but i've heard nothing more on what was found. right now i'm working on tracing all the leaves on pg 46 but so far nothing except the poem. also the leaves in the drop cap box on pg 28. i think there is something there .

T

Trapape

Good job Vic,
As I was watching the clip I kept thinking that there are leters inside of the sails shell. Did anyone else notice that?

T

treasuretrapper

I did!
They were to fuzzy for me to make out though..... :-\ :-[ :P

~Sara :P

T

Trapape

Yeah I couldn't quite make them out either but it was fun trying!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread