• 20220130_163116.jpg
    20220130_163116.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 132

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While I have 0 (zero) expertise in the field of stone markers, were
it me I think I would go in the direction the snake head is pointing
to.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread moved, "Help" forum is for help with software of website.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way the snake is pointing is where the treasure is. Usually in signs of 3.
I,m not sure he,s in the US. In another thread he mentioned his area being under long time Turkish rule,and I can,t get a location from him.My point being that a snake carving may not mean the same thing where he is,as it usually is assumed to mean in the US. Also the origin of my post about all Turks being snakes. Really can,t say for sure until he comes clean about his location.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
No idea, but neat markings.

OP
OP
T

Tridini

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m not sure he,s in the US. In another thread he mentioned his area being under long time Turkish rule,and I can,t get a location from him.My point being that a snake carving may not mean the same thing where he is,as it usually is assumed to mean in the US. Also the origin of my post about all Turks being snakes. Really can,t say for sure until he comes clean about his location.
I am living in Greece

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting stone. Is it all by itself. See where the snake is coming from. What does it look like. Study the stone. Its showing you a lot of information. Also look at the area in which it is found. You should be able to pick up features. Look for the waterways around that stone. Show the whole stone in picture.

Lost Horse

Nov 3, 2008
Hi Tridini,
Snake Marker and its Symbolism.

Snake Marker 001.jpg

At this point I think its a Trail Marker - Going in the Direction of the Snake.
The Other Small Markers that give Directions are on the Snake it self.

1 - White line representing possibly a trail, canyon,wash etc. - That's for you to figure out.
Since we don't have a Map of the Area.

2 - The Eyes, the one on the “Right” looks like it was scratched out (Closed)

The One on the “Left” look to be (Open) – This Is the Direction to Follow.
As you follow the Trail Stay to the Left – or stay on its Left Bank / or Side.

If the Snake has a Forked Tongue – You mite come across a Junction or cross roads.
Stay on the Left Trail to Continue. Unless other Markers State Other Wise.
You will most likely come across more Markers on your travels.

3 – The (T) on the Head - is a Tau Cross – There could be more than one Meaning Here.

St Anthony cross.png

The Tau Cross, Has special meaning to Christians – Its some times called the “Franciscan Cross
And was put as a Mark on a Persons Fore Head, As you see, it was put on the Snakes Head.

The TAU became and is Represented by the Greek Letter “TAU”, T
Its also the last letter in the Hebrew Alphabet.

Like in the Greek, it can Represent the Alpha and Omega.
Theses Symbols could represent something of value.

4 – Its also the St Anthony's cross – St. Anthony was the Patron St. of “Finding thing that are LOST

St Anthony prayer.jpg

I leave the rest of the investigation to you.
Since we don't have a map of the location and the History of the Area.

Video - What is the meaning of the 'Tau' Cross?

This is just my Interpretation / Perception,
Lost Horse.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Except generally, it's impossible to comment without more context, such as the region the petroglyph was found, other nearby carvings, the cultural history of the area, etc. Assuming it's in the American Southwest, the presence of First Nation history would be a good starting point. Snakes and crosses are not uncommon in Anasazi artwork, as can easily be verified with a Google search. The snake in this photo seems to have crosses along its entire length.

If there is a reason (other than wishful thinking) to apply a European/Anglo/"treasure" filter to the carving, then a survey of the known mineralization of the region, known travel routes, known legends and alleged rumors, additional "trail markers", et al is in order. If you want to keep scouting the area, follow the direction the snake is traveling - obviously.

Without more to go on, this is just an interesting snake petroglyph - if in the Southwest, probably Anasazi.

Here's an example of a snake carving designed to grab a THer's attention:
Snake turtle-2.JPG

Lost Horse

Nov 3, 2008
Hi sdcfia – Tridini, Stated he is in Greece.

And I agree - Generally, most of the time its hard to speculate on a subject when you are limited on context.

Most newbies will give you the Tail of an Elephant, and like a blind man, ask him to describe the animal.

There is so much more when it comes to Following Trail Markers.
Only Hands on Experiences will educate them.

Just Like me – They have to start some where and continue to learn.
I did not go to Collage, I was to Busy learning Shit...

Lost Horse

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just Like me – They have to start some where and continue to learn.
I did not go to Collage, I was to Busy learning Shit...

Lost Horse
Most of what the owners teach in college today is straight-out shit. Our brains are capable of much more than learning to be trained circus monkeys. We're only schooled, not educated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread