Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Black Jack,

Welcome to T net.

I live on S. Hutchinson Island and have been detecting the beaches for a bout a year and a half, starting a couple of months after hurricane Irma. Have not to date found anything of historical value, though I have found several chunks of the copper that was used to sheath the bottom of wooden ships. Don't think they were using the copper at the time of the 1715 fleet, so from a later ship wreck. Bottom line, love the history and getting out to the beach each week, maybe someday my day will be a Mel Fisher "Todays the Day"!

Steve

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to the forum.

The only thing that is certain is you will not find any treasure unless you get out there and look for it.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those shell artifacts, will most of the time be missed by treasure hunters who are metal detecting.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you have to do is pick up shells or rocks taking a good look at them I'm holding a flint bow scaper next to a picture carving. The shape on the end of bow scraper is flat, but resembles the carved mini portait on the other stone. These are not from Florida, but it works the same way anywhere in this country... being observant for anything unusual.

WIN_20190707_13_14_46_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...for this beginning pirate to beach search Sebastian and Vero before a storm raises my chances of finding some Spanish loot? Or is there still chances of small coin finds being made during calm seas? Thanks and hello to ye fellow loot finders.

After Rough seas your chances will improve, but get out there and explore. That beaches report has really good day to day info.
You will find/see rusted flat iron most days, but I don't think it is very old.

Walking the beaches where the boats are working might turn up nonmetalic artifacts on the beach as well. (Sea Grape to Turtle Trail area of A1A and south.)

Best of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions