So now I'm behind..............Again!!!!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last few months have been busy around here and not much time spent here. Son is back in school and my buddy just retired, so I'm left at work, with a lot of OT lately....YUCK!!!

Anyway. My buddy and I got out at least this weekend the day before deer season and he has the new HF coil for his Dues. Wanted to give it a try in the old ghost town around the depot area. About two months ago, my kid; who started us on the "dig out" of the depot, found his first gold. It was about a foot down and were thinking he found it because of the Barber Half signal he had gotten first. Barber was a 1912-S. Re-check the hole and a nice solid signal is still there. After some more digging he popped out the 2 1/2 Indian (1910). First Indian gold for any of us who all hunt together.

So back to the other day. Our buddy hasn't gotten out much with the new coil so were working together to see how he likes it. I have my Deus with he normal large coil. He gets a nice looking 1908 V Nickel first which was surrounded by metal and trash. He was happy with that and the fact the little HF coil makes it easy getting under the sage brush,

Then we start following the old RR grade. He continues and I move away to an old hotel site. After 30 or so, I hear him calling my name. I take off the headphones and turn around to see this "grown man" jumping up and down as if he had won the lottery. Gloves, headphones and his sunglasses flying in the air. I think he must have found another $20 and yell over........He said no but's it gold. Of course I tell him not to touch it till I get there....

I make my way over and immediately see the gold lying face up. All I can say is "Are you kidding me?" Another Indian???? Come'on man!!!!!! Since getting our Deus machines between the three of us, this is our 4th gold in just over a year!!! Needles to say, I guess he's happy with his new coil. I was happy to just have an 07-V Nickel for the day!!!:icon_scratch:

Of note; we have probably walked over this signal numerous times since on our old machines it would have come up as the same reading as a shell casing does for our area. Since we have started digging "ALL SIGNALS", this has been the results. Enjoy the photos and be safe out there.....

Natea1908-1.jpg Nate's 1908 $5

Nates1908-2.jpg

Wyatts1910-1.jpg

Wyatts1910-2.jpg

Wyatts1910-3.jpg My son with his first gold. $2 1/2 !!!!!!!

By the amount of rocks we have had to move digging out the depot area, I might have to start our own gravel pit :laughing7:

Upvote 29

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, nice finds,I hope someone dropped one of those around here!:laughing7:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, keep digging all signals there.:thumbsup:

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Awesome find! :icon_thumleft: I had to buy my first gold coin! lol

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats ok Basque, my Uncle use to say "A little Be-hind is good every now and then" !! Congrats to you, your son, and friend, on some great finds.

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Exciting finds it there! Congratulations on your personal gold rush.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great, nice background too. I'm sure your turns coming! best wishes.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer find(s) congratulations on your continued success! :notworthy:

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold coins. That seems like the perfect place to be digging all signals. Good luck and HH

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Just...WOW!!! 😱 BIG congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions