So now what?

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Here I am in Northern Nevada digging footings for my house. there is not a single rock on my property and I'm down three feet (1' below the frost line per code) and I encounter what at first I thought was a frozen dirt cold, but the sound of the shovel scraping it made me yhi k it was a rock. How odd. I've excavated a 2' deep area that is 24' wide and 52' long and there was no rocks. The ground is decomposed shale with ridiculous amounts of clay. So I pick up this clod and behold it is quartz with yellow all over, and it's heavy.
So the predicament I am in, do I build the house, or do I keep digging?
IMG_20230205_122244046_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found out a gold vein (not big like yours) sits right under my house. Not moving the house.

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crush and pan if there's gold move the footing's. I had the same problem but I have a house on top of the quartz vein now.

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I have to come clean. It's not free gold, but I am suspicious that it has gold in it. It is quite the mystery how this thing got where I found it. It had caliche on the exterior of it and after sawing it in half it looks awesome, but still not free
IMG_20230206_183313855.jpg
gold.

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I have to come clean. It's not free gold, but I am suspicious that it has gold in it. It is quite the mystery how this thing got where I found it. It had caliche on the exterior of it and after sawing it in half it looks awesome, but still not free View attachment 2068369 gold.
Oxidized with some pyrite that could contain gold good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions