so the central valley near Modesto

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Merced and I do okay...Talk to people you know with old houses or if they have friends with old houses. Thats what I do. Find a partner, it helps to share..Cooter

OP
OP
Mercury dude

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for the long re.

sound fun, I need to find a friend, who know what he or she is doing.

jc from ceres, ca

cooter9761 said:
I'm in Merced and I do okay...Talk to people you know with old houses or if they have friends with old houses. Thats what I do. Find a partner, it helps to share..Cooter

YoungProspect

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2007
dude95307 said:
anyone MD arounf here and find anything,

jc from ceres, ca

I live in near Modesto. Did you ever find anyone to go treasure hunting with? I'm still looking. I want to do real treasure hunting. No garbage hunting please.

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garbage is part of the deal!! 99% garbage 1% treasure

Cooter

OP
OP
Mercury dude

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow I did not know that, but they are a lot of bottole top and pull top, and a few nails, I been doing some MD around my house, found so old stuff nothing good and a old beer can, the house been here since the 1900's so am trying it at home to get used to the sound of what is good and what is bad,

jc

cooter9761 said:
Garbage is part of the deal!! 99% garbage 1% treasure

Cooter

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Depends on what type sites you hunt, if it's going to be "99% garbage". That might be true if you're hunting around old ruins, urban demolition, etc... because you're patient and know that when a coin surfaces, it'll be real old (seateds, etc..).

Sometimes after beach storms, we can dig hundreds of coins straight. No junk at all (save for a car key, fishing sinker, etc... to interupt sometimes). Reason is, all the lighter stuff (tabs, foil, etc...) have been washed out to sea, leaving only the heavy items (coins, jewelry, etc...) on the wet sand. Nails get left too, as they aren't light, but we can pass them easily by nixing iron with our discriminators. So there would be a type hunt where it's 99% coins :)

destobrat

Jun 18, 2007
Modesto, Ca
JC have you checked out Laird Park (I think it's technically Grayson, the Honor farm is next to it) for MD'ing? I don't have a MD but have seen people there with MD's while I have been fishing. There is also McHenry rec on River rd in Modesto, they allow Metal detecting no shovels are alowed, screw drivers and trowels only; LOTS of area to cover there. We have found flour gold at McHenry Rec.

OP
OP
Mercury dude

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that place is down the road from me I live off Grayson Rd, at the end, I have taken my kids fishing there. I think I will check it out, so you found gold at McHenry Rec, wow I would of never know, did you pan for it.

jc

PS thanks

destobrat said:
JC have you checked out Laird Park (I think it's technically Grayson, the Honor farm is next to it) for MD'ing? I don't have a MD but have seen people there with MD's while I have been fishing. There is also McHenry rec on River rd in Modesto, they allow Metal detecting no shovels are alowed, screw drivers and trowels only; LOTS of area to cover there. We have found flour gold at McHenry Rec.

destobrat

Jun 18, 2007
Modesto, Ca
dude95307 said:
that place is down the road from me I live off Grayson Rd, at the end, I have taken my kids fishing there. I think I will check it out, so you found gold at McHenry Rec, wow I would of never know, did you pan for it.

jc

PS thanks

Yes we did pan for it, you can't use a sluice there. Going up to the mountians sometime next week to do some sluicing.

destobrat said:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread