sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been skunked for over a month checking Coinstars. So there I was at McDonalds after dropping my wife off at the airport, getting a coke and noticed a Food Lion behind it. So I wandered over to the Food Lion Coinstar, couldn’t see any coins, so I reached in anyway, dragged my fingers forward, and there was a coin up against the front edge. Pulled it out and low and behold, a 1946 Rosie, first year of the mint for Rosies.

Attachments

• 0B4BBC4F-4811-40F4-B0E7-FD033F5C350F.jpeg
    0B4BBC4F-4811-40F4-B0E7-FD033F5C350F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 36741A80-F9E8-4857-8D12-FB7C37017837.jpeg
    36741A80-F9E8-4857-8D12-FB7C37017837.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 20

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the luck Congrats!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been skunked for over a month checking Coinstars. So there I was at McDonalds after dropping my wife off at the airport, getting a coke and noticed a Food Lion behind it. So I wandered over to the Food Lion Coinstar, couldn’t see any coins, so I reached in anyway, dragged my fingers forward, and there was a coin up against the front edge. Pulled it out and low and behold, a 1946 Rosie, first year of the mint for Rosies.
I never reach in anymore gotta start doing that, good job on saving some silver!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never reach in anymore gotta start doing that, good job on saving some silver!
Not only that, but ya'll also have to check the top coin hopper itself. I've found that there are sometimes coins in the bottom corner closest to the edge where people can't see. Just feel inside and sometimes there will be a little pile. 😀👍

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not only that, but ya'll also have to check the top coin hopper itself. I've found that there are sometimes coins in the bottom corner closest to the edge where people can't see. Just feel inside and sometimes there will be a little pile. 😀👍
I will thanks underminer

OP
OP
sphillips

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is true, I always slide my fingers along the edge of the basket, have found a few hidden coins. Also, one time I checked the basket and there were several “silver” type coins stuck between the basket and top of the top of the machine, needed a paper clip or some type of tool to pull them back into the basket, but did not have one. Now I carry a large paper clip in my billfold that I can straighten out and use to pull coins back into the basket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions