so this is what people think of our hobby?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beach.jpg Came across this picture on FB and thought to myself how nice it would be to donkey punch the person who made it! just thought id share lol

Upvote 4
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow i didnt think this many would chime in on this pic. I guess i can see some humor in it too but I think my rant came from me feeling like i need to defend my hobby to the ignorant people who know nothing about it

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha... I saw that on f/b as well and just shrugged it off. Do-it-yourself" stock brokers have found their guns and did the deed. NOW THATS A STUPID HOBBY" A fool and his money are soon "departed". At least when our day is done, we gained and didnt lose.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of punch?? :0/ I would use that term a little more sparingly were I you--it's not really a nice one. I think just an honest mistake. But as for the cartoon, meh, doesn't bother me. I think I laughed. I love the haters. "You don't actually find anything with that, right?" "Um.. Not usually.." "What's your best find?" "Gold watch that I sold for half your salary."

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some finds need to be "returned to owner" * that's one of them --first the bullets then the gun.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the original by the way wGcYLri.png

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I realize it's just a cartoon, but someone who buries a loaded gun in the sand is calling someone else "stupid?" Definitely a pot and kettle moment.

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cartoon is hilarious. Let them think what they want.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would guess the cartoonist had to pay the publisher to publish it. Maybe my humor has deteriorated, but I did not find it funny in the least, nor did I feel any resentment to the cartoonist. I sure hope he/she has a source of income, cause cartoons ain't gonna get it!

Roy

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This cartoon is hilarious. Austin, I agree with your golf analogy. Do we really care what some idiot thinks of us?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, I'd like to take these people cave exploring with me on a one-way-trip (not really). Probably couldn't get them past the "front door". But I always wonder where is their sense of adventure and curiosity? These are probably the same folks who want to ban guns. I'm done.....

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The person who posted that is most likely going to be a future digger.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaaaa That poor guy needs some help . I'm NOT offended at all , I spent way too much time in the past worrying about what others thought , NOW I"M like [if they don;t like it F-orget them] also I have found a couple guns in my time only 1 real one a cheap Lorcin 380 ,I wish I could find a nice revolver like that[ too keep , after it checked out ;OK] plus I have several other hobbies to occupy my time and Firearms is def, one of them.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd much rather be out digging for treasure than at a desk making immature cartoons to post on the internet.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
People DO NOT understand the hobby. I stopped worrying long ago what people thought of MDing. I have been laughed at and on occasion ridiculed by some idiot on a beach. Recently a younger person was standing by my truck and saw the detectors in the back. He asked me "with all your money why do you have to go look for change"???? And at the same time there have been others who were truly interested about the hobby.
I will tell you one thing I hit 60 this year. And I can honestly say the metal detecting/treasure hunting community are some of the best people on this earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So smile back at the wise guy or cartoon and then go find that gold and silver.

LEROY247

Jul 29, 2010
western ky
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was hilarious! I guess people think we're hard up for money.
I was In a neighborhood here in town the other day and all the people were really nice. They were all out talking to each other and each invited me to md their yard which I was very thankful for. There was the on going joke that if u find that million or that gold bar at almost every target. And of course it would be the usual clad. Till at one point I hear one of them say," whose car is that at end of the street" . I said thats my Mercedes. They say,"Oh your doing better than we thought". I just smiled and didn't bother to mention the value of the new CTX 3030 I was using. Most just don't understand.

Leroy

Sledgod2

May 31, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, just seeing the first two panels I laughed pretty good at it, the last two panels are just sad. If you lob the last two panels off I still find it funny! And I'm not out looking to get rich detecting just like finding old stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions