So what do you all think?

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Should i bust it open and see whats inside or should i keep it as is? I am just wondering if it would be worth busting open or not? I don't know that much about rocks to be able to look at it and say wow bust the thing open. I think eather way i am going to go for broke and break it open. Found in MO about 5 years ago. So what does eveyone think? Thanks

Attachments

• Rock.jpg
    Rock.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 370
OP
OP
Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
I guess the next thing would be is to ask what the best way to go about cracking it open would be? I was thinking of wraping it in a towel and smacking it with a hammer. Anyone have any thought on breakin it open? Thanks again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Ok i did it lol

Broke the thing open. Some cool qurtz different colors. Was hoping for a bit more in the cristal forming though. But still nice to look at.

Attachments

• rocks.jpg
    rocks.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 367
Upvote 0

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Re: Ok i did it lol

Mighty_Mouse said:
Broke the thing open. Some cool qurtz different colors. Was hoping for a bit more in the cristal forming though. But still nice to look at.

Quartz(leverite).. ::) Nice specimen. Old codgers would run a ton of that through a stamp mill and get about a 1/10oz of AU locked up in sulfides attached to the quartz. ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread