VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last Friday, I hunted a U.S. picket post and dug a couple of .69 cal. 3 ringers and two modern coins. Today, I searched a high hill that would have been ideal for a picket post. It was unproductive so I moved to a ridge where I had dug picket post relics before. After digging 2 .58s, I was surprised to dig a carved bullet as shown in the pic with the white background. As I say in the short video, I told Zaxfire (David) from Mississippi that we dig a nice carved bullet (not just whittled on) here about one out of 150-200 bullets. I keep relic records and my last good carved bullet was dug 11-27-12 (shown on blue background) . That was 343 CW relics ago with the vast majority of those relics being bullets. As to what the soldier had in mind, you be the judge. I don’t think any of the Indiana or Ohio soldiers stationed here ever saw a lighthouse-LOL. Enjoy the short video and as soon as some late crops are harvested the Trio will be back in action at some new sites. HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0741.JPG
    DSCN0741.JPG
    686.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN0745.JPG
    DSCN0745.JPG
    323.5 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN0170 (640x538).jpg
    DSCN0170 (640x538).jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 7

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Quindy , . Every so often I get a dropped three ringer , even at these older sites which leads me to believe the big boy 69 cal SF was brought back after the war and used for hunting . The author of MM's CW history book must have polished off a few brown bottles . ??? Yankee earplugs ;)

Hey Dawg, I heard that. Even with my lead ear plugs in.
I recognized it as being the Indiana version of ear plug. I'm a Hoosier and we grow a lot of corn in our state, so we know a lot about EARS. :tongue3: It might be a rare Redenbacher too. Just saying.
-DUHg-

Attachments

• All ears.png
    All ears.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 69

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: lmao , I'm all ears Duggiefresh , I just gottasayit " somethin' corny " about your vast wealth of ear plug Knowledge history

& Orville too :dontknow:

pass the butter dude :happy1:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Quindy , . Every so often I get a dropped three ringer , even at these older sites which leads me to believe the big boy 69 cal SF was brought back after the war and used for hunting . The author of MM's CW history book must have polished off a few brown bottles . ??? Yankee earplugs ;)
Dawg, he's from Indiana so he had to look at pictures-LOL. Thanks for looking but don't encourage MM. He's bad enough just by himself. I'm sure the .69s prevailed after the war. We know they were issued to Colored troops and soldiers in remote areas unlikely to see much action during the war (garrison duty per tenn. digger) . I understand the .58s went to first line troops. HH, Q.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice chess pawn there, Quindy! Even though you said it was a lot of walking in your video, I'd walk a long ways for nice drops like those two.

Congrats on the finds. That carved bullet would look good in any collection.

Cheers,

Buck

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quindy still doin it to it!!!That Chess piece is spectacular!!!Great addition to a fantastic collection!!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice chess pawn there, Quindy! Even though you said it was a lot of walking in your video, I'd walk a long ways for nice drops like those two.

Congrats on the finds. That carved bullet would look good in any collection.

Cheers,

Buck

Thanks BB. When I first located that picket, I had to walk a mile to get there. It's in a very remote location. Glad you got the Relicmobile going as it's becoming a historic relic due to the recoveries it has hauled back home. Heck, Dman rode in it which qualifies it as a MOBILE National Historic site!! HH, Q.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BB. When I first located that picket, I had to walk a mile to get there. It's in a very remote location. Glad you got the Relicmobile going as it's becoming a historic relic due to the recoveries it has hauled back home. Heck, Dman rode in it which qualifies it as a MOBILE National Historic site!! HH, Q.

That would make it a relic inside a relic. Heck, the treasuremobile might just belong on a side altar of a catholic church! :D

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Quindy..................HH

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quindy still doin it to it!!!That Chess piece is spectacular!!!Great addition to a fantastic collection!!

Thanks Cody. Hope you are well in CA. You might want to go to the "What is it?" forum & take a stab at identifying what I dug this am at the same site my friend. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice digs Quindy
2thumbsup.gif

That carved bullet is a sweet find..

Blaze

Thanks JB!! I like those carved bullets. My wife has her own collecrtion she has bought. I check my collection occasionally to make sure everything is still there-LOL. HH Bud, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread