🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Solved Coin ID Help

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend dropped this coin off the other day for a test to see if i could ID it. He said it is legal currency. The only clue that i have is the word Pennsic and i know that he goes to the Pennsic Wars Renaissance Festival every year. It is a hair bigger than a quarter but thinner than a quarter and weighs 4.7 grams. It appears to be silver. Any help is greatly appreciated,
IMG_3350 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3352 (2).JPG
    IMG_3352 (2).JPG
    367.8 KB · Views: 23

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I got it!

The Pennsic War is an annual American medieval camping event held by the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), a "war" between two large regional SCA groups: the Kingdom of the East and the Middle Kingdom. It is the single largest annual SCA event, with more than 10,000 people attending each year, from as far as China, South Korea, Sweden, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, and Australia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsic_War
This looks like a coin from the SCA event 34 (XXXIV). Looks like they're up to war 48, but haven't had one in the last two years due to the scamdemic.

Sorry that it's not ancient or anything, but it's cool as hell nonetheless.

Upvote 6
OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH
I think I got it!

The Pennsic War is an annual American medieval camping event held by the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), a "war" between two large regional SCA groups: the Kingdom of the East and the Middle Kingdom. It is the single largest annual SCA event, with more than 10,000 people attending each year, from as far as China, South Korea, Sweden, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, and Australia.
This looks like a coin from the SCA event 34 (XXXIV). Looks like they're up to war 48, but haven't had one in the last two years due to the scamdemic.

Thanks! I knew it wasn't ancient. My friend dropped it by as a brain teaser.

Upvote 2

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would mark it solved if i could. For some reason the pop up bar doesn't work on my computor
You might want to contact one of the moderators to help you. They are usually pretty helpful. Sorry, I did not mean to come across as bossy, just so many never close their threads out. I was guilty of that once too.

Upvote 0

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I got it!

Scamdemic! I Like that!

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread