Some civil War Monuments and Momentos

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with my drone and hand held camera yesterday and took some pictures. There is one series that shows some of those killed in battle from Ohio infentary Looks like some units really HAD IT BAD , Hope you enjoy !!!!
IMG_4755.JPG

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_4757.JPG
IMG_4758.JPG
IMG_4760.JPG
IMG_4761 (2).JPG
IMG_4762 (2).JPG
IMG_4763 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4764 (2).JPG
    IMG_4764 (2).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4765 (2).JPG
    IMG_4765 (2).JPG
    899.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4766 (2).JPG
    IMG_4766 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4767 (2).JPG
    IMG_4767 (2).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4768 (2).JPG
    IMG_4768 (2).JPG
    797.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4769 (2).JPG
    IMG_4769 (2).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4770 (2).JPG
    IMG_4770 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you imagine how the family's felt when hearing these losses

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me also say this.. Me being up north i mainly see only Northern loss memorials. I am sure down south there are a lot of monuments to the southern soldiers, I live near Canton Ohio But about 30 Miles east of me was a Civil war battle. It was with John Hunt Morgan and his raid through Ohio. Three of his soldiers were killed near Salineville Ohio. One of his soldiers was a mere boy of 16 Here is the grave markers for them.
DJI_0010.JPG

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes sir, that war was as all wars are......Horrible. So many soldiers died so young without the opportunity to live out their lives fully, and far from their homes. So many families on either side would learn that their son or loved one died or was killed in battles of places that they had never heard of. So many Just didn't return home at the wars end. Many being buried in unmarked or mass graves. It would be hard today to imagine the heartbreak that so many families during the war had to go through.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Let me also say this.. Me being up north i mainly see only Northern loss memorials. I am sure down south there are a lot of monuments to the southern soldiers, I live near Canton Ohio But about 30 Miles east of me was a Civil war battle. It was with John Hunt Morgan and his raid through Ohio. Three of his soldiers were killed near Salineville Ohio. One of his soldiers was a mere boy of 16 Here is the grave markers for them. View attachment 1995519
Yes sir, like so many, they died so young and far from home. Do their markers say which state these soldiers were from?

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it does not say where from I am thinking Kentucky. The name they know is John Miller a mere boy of 16
Nothing for the other 2

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting inscription on the canon base. Most of the soldiers say "died" but a couple say "killed". More soldiers died of disease in the Civil War than died of wounds. I wonder why the difference. For years, 600,000 was the accepted number for Civil War deaths. Recently is has been revised upwards to 700,000. A staggering number.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me also say this.. Me being up north i mainly see only Northern loss memorials. I am sure down south there are a lot of monuments to the southern soldiers, I live near Canton Ohio But about 30 Miles east of me was a Civil war battle. It was with John Hunt Morgan and his raid through Ohio. Three of his soldiers were killed near Salineville Ohio. One of his soldiers was a mere boy of 16 Here is the grave markers for them. View attachment 1995519
Not too many southern memorials left here unless they are on private property! You know why!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too many southern memorials left here unless they are on private property! You know why!
YES and i AM ONE AMERICAN SICK and tired of there crap !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread