Some finds from this past season's dives...

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_5801.jpeg
    IMG_5801.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5980.jpeg
    IMG_5980.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6725.jpg
    IMG_6725.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6758.jpeg
    IMG_6758.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6759.jpeg
    IMG_6759.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6865.jpeg
    IMG_6865.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6933.jpg
    IMG_6933.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6946.jpeg
    IMG_6946.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6983.jpeg
    IMG_6983.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6985.jpg
    IMG_6985.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7002.jpeg
    IMG_7002.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_7006.jpeg
    IMG_7006.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_7398.jpg
    IMG_7398.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 70

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
... I had to look up BT scooters, now I want one. They look like so much fun I could forget to look for treasure and just cruise around.
It looks like your over it and found a bunch of good stuff, good work!

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... I had to look up BT scooters, now I want one. They look like so much fun I could forget to look for treasure and just cruise around.
It looks like your over it and found a bunch of good stuff, good work!
Hah! They ARE a lot of fun and I'll admit that more than one dive defaulted into a major cruise, as opposed to dogged searching. I bought DeWalt 12ah, 20V batteries for it and get an average of :120 of bootin' around. Some days I don't use it, usually because the current is too strong, or the area requires slow, methodic attention.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"...get an average of 120 of bootin' around."
Curious - is this for the travel, tech or expedition model? Would it matter? Any idea as to the advantage of the longer models? Great post!

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren-

I love my Blacktip as well. The only difference between the Travel, tech, and Exploration models is the length of the tube. The longer tube allows the scooter to be trimmed neutral and flat, as the travel can only trim neutral with the nose vertical in the water colume due to the tube length. The Exploration tube, ( the longest available) allows nose flat, neutral trim, with the addition of 2X batteries ( 4 total) with significantly extends the range.

Love my Travel... never run the batteries dead yet, and I will do 3-4 dives a day blowing for meg teeth. Basically...I am seeing an average of 70-100 minutes of trigger time at about 3-4 gear, and still show 65+ % battery left.

I have Waitley 9AH batteries in mine. About half the cost of the Dewalts...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the recoveries of glass. Not too sure what I like the best really as there are a few, but the Syphon pops up there as a top shelve recovery for sure.
Yet each one by themselves have a certain appeal.
Best of luck for the 2022 season

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the recoveries of glass. Not too sure what I like the best really as there are a few, but the Syphon pops up there as a top shelve recovery for sure.
Yet each one by themselves have a certain appeal.
Best of luck for the 2022 season
Thanks, Pepper J! You can add to that list a seemingly brand spankin' new trolling motor, still connected to it's battery! Somebody had a bad day that day! Gave it to my son-in-law & he had it cleaned & running in :20. There was also numerous anchors, fishing tackle, kayaking paddles etc. Found a ratchet w/ socket beneath somebody's dock, so I placed back on the dock near their ladder - would have loved to see the guy's face when he found it!

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darren-

I love my Blacktip as well. The only difference between the Travel, tech, and Exploration models is the length of the tube. The longer tube allows the scooter to be trimmed neutral and flat, as the travel can only trim neutral with the nose vertical in the water colume due to the tube length. The Exploration tube, ( the longest available) allows nose flat, neutral trim, with the addition of 2X batteries ( 4 total) with significantly extends the range.

Love my Travel... never run the batteries dead yet, and I will do 3-4 dives a day blowing for meg teeth. Basically...I am seeing an average of 70-100 minutes of trigger time at about 3-4 gear, and still show 65+ % battery left.

I have Waitley 9AH batteries in mine. About half the cost of the Dewalts...
Agreed on all points, Agflit. My favourite scoot last summer was in a river that was flooded wider about 100 years past, by the creation of a dam. In preparation for the flooding, many trees were felled and their stumps remained. I entered the water just upstream of the dam and started out. What ensued was a ghostly ride through a forest of creepy looking stumps, a virtual haunted forest! The visibility that day was good, but there was a certain opaqueness to the water that added a pale gloom - the gnarly old stumps slowly materialized out of that gloom, then receded back into it as I journeyed on. Eventually, I entered an area of the river where cottagers had set up. It was along that stretch I found a beautiful and very old wooden skiff, maybe 14' loa and 4' at the beam. I cursed myself for not having my gopro with me, but I plan to return next summer to film the whole experience and possibly recover the skiff for preservation.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Agreed on all points, Agflit. My favourite scoot last summer was in a river that was flooded wider about 100 years past, by the creation of a dam. In preparation for the flooding, many trees were felled and their stumps remained. I entered the water just upstream of the dam and started out. What ensued was a ghostly ride through a forest of creepy looking stumps, a virtual haunted forest! The visibility that day was good, but there was a certain opaqueness to the water that added a pale gloom - the gnarly old stumps slowly materialized out of that gloom, then receded back into it as I journeyed on. Eventually, I entered an area of the river where cottagers had set up. It was along that stretch I found a beautiful and very old wooden skiff, maybe 14' loa and 4' at the beam. I cursed myself for not having my gopro with me, but I plan to return next summer to film the whole experience and possibly recover the skiff for preservation.
That sounds like most water reserves, they took the prime timber and left the stumpage.
In the bay I look over was created in 1820s, right in front of the property lays a 100'x20' boat.
The waters are murky, and having a build up of silt over the 200yrs.
The weed growth is heavy during the warm water months, as the depths are 12ft or so.
Many divers has taken their Certification in the waters, but the preferred diving time is in a dry suite in the early spring or before freeze up.
The waters are clear and weed free.
Any bottles would be under the many feet of black leaf debris.
Drivers come and go empty handed in the searches

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like most water reserves, they took the prime timber and left the stumpage.
In the bay I look over was created in 1820s, right in front of the property lays a 100'x20' boat.
The waters are murky, and having a build up of silt over the 200yrs.
The weed growth is heavy during the warm water months, as the depths are 12ft or so.
Many divers has taken their Certification in the waters, but the preferred diving time is in a dry suite in the early spring or before freeze up.
The waters are clear and weed free.
Any bottles would be under the many feet of black leaf debris.
Drivers come and go empty handed in the searches
Yes indeed, we underwater hunters of antiquities are at the mercy of bottom conditions. There is one lake relatively close to me where there must be a veritable treasure trove of old glass & crockery; problem is, 99% of the bottom is fine sediment, where things of any substance would sink away, never to be seen again. There is also a thick covering of heavy grasses & weed. I did manage to find one very special bottle; it was in 3' of water, resting on a lonely patch of sand, right beside the ballast rock of a very old dock. I also found there was a shelf of bedrock out past the end area of the old dock, with only 10" of silt cover. There I found a nice old black glass bottle. And that, sad to say, is the extent of my finds there, though I'm grateful to have found two!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW amazing finds thanks for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread