Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post iron finds very often. But had a few things that I thought were interesting. The cast iron plate with the star was found with some brass horse tack and reins guide. Thought it might be part of a wagon? There was a Star Wagon Company in the 1800's. Does not mean it's related though. Strange tool with split arms? Stove related? Thick pie shaped wedge was found at one of the older sites I have detected. Worn down wedge maybe. Not a iron for sure. Two of the more than half a dozen axes I have found. Cast iron grill has hits of red paint on it. The horse bit was found only feet from the star plate.

Attachments

• old iron items.jpg
    old iron items.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 10

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post iron finds very often. But had a few things that I thought were interesting. The cast iron plate with the star was found with some brass horse tack and reins guide. Thought it might be part of a wagon? There was a Star Wagon Company in the 1800's. Does not mean it's related though. Strange tool with split arms? Stove related? Thick pie shaped wedge was found at one of the older sites I have detected. Worn down wedge maybe. Not a iron for sure. Two of the more than half a dozen axes I have found. Cast iron grill has hits of red paint on it. The horse bit was found only feet from the star plate.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread