Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is thin sheet brass that was silver plated at one point. It measures 74mm long by 45mm tall. I am not sure what is stamped onto it. One side obviously has solder still on it and then it has the small holes in it. The bigger hole is most likely damage. Found it at an old house.

20161126_182234.jpg
20161126_182246.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Might be part of a vintage cigarette case. Can't tell if the hooks are purely decorative or if they were to hold something, like a book of matches or a business card. But the size and the design reminds me of a cigarette case.

Upvote 0

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That could be it. I wasn't sure if it was long enough, but if you run the numbers, they should fit fine. At least the regular ones.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ResurrectedVirginia

ResurrectedVirginia

Jan 8, 2014
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hooks are definitely decorative and not functioning. They are stamped into the brass and are only for looks. Which is odd....because they don't look like anything except for hooks....and then why stamp them in if they don't do anything.

Thanks for all the guesses.

And looking at the pictures above......I just noticed that opposite the small holes are the same sized punch marks in the brass but they are not holes. Just stamped in.

Upvote 0

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm using my imagination here: the " hooks " look to me like water pouring from pipes in a stone wall.

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
It's similar to a faux-buckle brooch or sash pin, as mentioned. The detail in the middle which is different from ones I've seen is supposed to look like it is on a reptile skin belt.
But these are what I'm referring to, for consideration: nouveau "buckle brooch" - Google Search

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread