Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Included are Infantry, Artillery, Dragoon, Rifleman, plain shield General Service, regular General Service, Great Coat, forage cap, and Republic of Texas Infantry.

Texas Buttons.jpg

Upvote 9
OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! How rare/valuable is the Republic of Texas button? That's really cool, since they were only an independent Republic for 10 years or so.
The infantry buttons are the most common ROT buttons, and these both have creases across the face. Nevertheless a relic dealer told me they were worth $600-800.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great display! Over how long to find that haul?
That's 5 or 6 one day hunts over several years. I used to live in Texas and have friends down there that I hunt with. I have a lot more bullets, buttons, and other relics that I have found down there.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
That's 5 or 6 one day hunts over several years. I used to live in Texas and have friends down there that I hunt with. I have a lot more bullets, buttons, and other relics that I have found down there.
Good one. Stupidly over the years I found some huge slugs. And stupidly paid little attention to them, musket balls and others that were obviously from big bore rifles. A few as thick as my thumb. I wish I had kept them and put them on a board, researched them and framed them. In hindsight they would have made a great display. 😕
Live and learn. Each over the yrs was, "mmm.. another slug, another musket ball".
Keepers, not junk like I thought.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Included are Infantry, Artillery, Dragoon, Rifleman, plain shield General Service, regular General Service, Great Coat, forage cap, and Republic of Texas Infantry.

View attachment 2014725
Steve those are some nice buttons. Especially those Texas buttons. Congratulations!

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to find a republic of Texas button, especially one around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions