All Treasure Hunting
20201126_064240.jpg 20201123_055919.jpg

Upvote 7

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you crushed and panned any of it?

OP
OP
O

Ore-lock

Nov 23, 2020
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have,and have even very crudely smelted some into a lead button. But I lack the necessary boneash crucible and cupelling (not sure if i spelled that write.)furnace or any furnace or crucible for that matter I have been working and learning for over a year now without anyones help its been a treacherous job but ever since my grandmother was murdered i have felt this push that i cant describe to do this and being that i have really just began my journey and have found some pretty incredible specimens that alot of prospectors spend years and years searching for and sometimes never find just pushes me even harder. That being said i work for myself as a mechanic to pay bills ect. And i really just lack the financial stability to buy any equipment at all. I have been searching for someone that has equipment that is willing to help me until i make enough to buy my own or someone that would invest into my precious metals recovery and refining company. But so far no luck on either.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! :thumbsup:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Maybe I am blind, it is possible....but I do not see anything worth getting excited about.
I am not trying to rain on your parade, any find is a good one.....but what am I missing?

OP
OP
O

Ore-lock

Nov 23, 2020
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Alan m. If you cannot see, then there is nothing to worry about. Doesnt make a mind to my parade whether a blind man sees. Do you think one blind man not seeing a parade would cause the parade to cease to exist? Nope it just leaves the blind out with the blind and the illuminated in with the light. Blessed be young soul.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
@Alan m. If you cannot see, then there is nothing to worry about. Doesnt make a mind to my parade whether a blind man sees. Do you think one blind man not seeing a parade would cause the parade to cease to exist? Nope it just leaves the blind out with the blind and the illuminated in with the light. Blessed be young soul.
I do hope that your samples contain gold and I wish you the best of luck in your endevours

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have,and have even very crudely smelted some into a lead button. But I lack the necessary boneash crucible and cupelling (not sure if i spelled that write.)furnace or any furnace or crucible for that matter I have been working and learning for over a year now without anyones help its been a treacherous job but ever since my grandmother was murdered i have felt this push that i cant describe to do this and being that i have really just began my journey and have found some pretty incredible specimens that alot of prospectors spend years and years searching for and sometimes never find just pushes me even harder. That being said i work for myself as a mechanic to pay bills ect. And i really just lack the financial stability to buy any equipment at all. I have been searching for someone that has equipment that is willing to help me until i make enough to buy my own or someone that would invest into my precious metals recovery and refining company. But so far no luck on either.

Yup
The build up
The sorrow
The heartache

I would if I could-if only if I could get help-resources
Financial help
Oh I can see the light-if you can just- just - invest

Ok I'm very sceptical of the whole thing.
Then again I might be entirely wrong but it's just the whole approach in the posting up-glittery samples-would if I could-but can't-but really you almost hooked me on the murder and investing in my refining company pitch.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, Congrats!!! "D"

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , So you want everything for free ? Sorry get a real job TP

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway. It's not hard. I did it outside on the deck. Here's how: First, I thoroughly crushed the ore. I bought a hand rock crusher like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mad-Mining...303030?hash=item4db8a50036:g:l0IAAOSwe~lcT4Q0

Takes the work out of crushing the ore. A few "bams" on the handle and it gets small fast. A 6 pound sledge on a flat steel surface will work also, but catch the material coming out of it.

The I got a crucible set like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-PRO-K...011789?hash=item4b182ae60d:g:5h4AAOSw5c5fqtC7

Using propane it gets hot enough to melt gold. I got some Borax at the hardware store for a flux. Just do it outside. The kit I got had the big heavy fireproof gloves with it. And yeah, you need a propane torch. If you have an acetylene torch, just get the little crucibles sold separately as that gas burns hotter.

Now an assay when done is something different. If you get a few ounces you can find someone to buy it. I used mine to see if there was gold in the rocks at my friend's house. The answer was no. Now where I live, I used it to make some fines into a blob.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Ore-lock

Nov 23, 2020
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to all the positive people out here. You guys are awesome it makes the hard work blood sweat and tears worth it. I do consider this work to be my career metallurgical sciences is my passion. And I really appreciate the positive vibes. I do not expect anything for free. Anything worth having is worth hard work determination and patience... blessed be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread