Some new finds

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out a couple days ago and found some varied items while river detecting. 003.jpg I also found this "Motorman" button. 004.jpg 005.jpg A pewter bowl lid. 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg My sixth and heaviest pocket watch. 009.jpg 010.jpg An assortment of homemade fishing weight plus one musket ball and one shot of sorts. 012.jpg Also in here is, I believe, some brass decorative pieces from an oil lamp, an ingot of lead, stone door knob an other goodies. I also found a load of clad pennies. I have afeeling somebody detected some time ago and threw those around to drive me nuts. i was shcked but I didn't find one older coin the whole day. Thanks for looking!

Upvote 7

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The pocket watch case was for an American 18 Size stem wind watch. Silveroid, silverine., Silverode, cases have no silver in them. They were an alloy metal with nickel that lasted forever. I forgot to add that the symbol below the word genuine stands for the Keystone Watch Case Company.

Last edited:

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds. Any idea what “MOTORMAN” means?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Its rail road related trying to update my link to a site that is not working!!! Chug

OP
OP
Bodkin

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked up quickly and as Chug And Red said, it's related to rail roads. I guess a button off an engineers clothing or such. I also saw something to do with street/trolly car drivers.

OP
OP
Bodkin

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The pocket watch case was for an American 18 Size stem wind watch. Silveroid, silverine., Silverode, cases have no silver in them. They were an alloy metal with nickel that lasted forever.
Thanks for that info. I saw the marking but didn't look it up yet. Being that there's nickel in it would explain its weight. Very solid piece. Thanks again!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yeah those are some good finds keep at it nothing can stop a tnetter from rippin the good stuff from the junk....Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread