Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following a lead I found researching online I took a long drive to an old town dumpsite. It has clearly been dug for bottles as piles of broken bottles were everywhere and old cans and other junk piled next to the bottle piles. Probably been detected before also, but since I was there I gave it a go.

I found an old doorbell escutcheon, a Heinz 57 glass bottle stopper, a heart pendant(no writing on it), a harmonica reed(my first), a lock escutcheon, and some other odds and ends, the most puzzling of which is the 'T' shaped brass item.
It has two different sized ends with concave faces and a hole in the center which only goes in 1/2 inch. The 'handle' looking end looks like it was swaged into a hole as a rivet would be.

The little eagle buckle thing is brass and plastic. The other odd thing below the lock escutcheon is the second one I've found and have no idea what it could be.

On the way out of town I spied a park and gave it a quick look. Somebody has been coin shooting that place as there were no coins except for nickels. What there were was a ton of low and mid signals like pull tabs and gum wrapper foil. I was happy to see nobody was looking for gold there. I pulled the titanium ring first. That thing is huge, size 13.5! Too bad it wasn't gold. The other ring is costume bling. I only had about a half hour to look there. I'll be hitting that park at some point in the future, too bad it's so far.

1013221456.jpeg

Attachments

• 1013221412a.jpeg
    1013221412a.jpeg
    823.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 1013221412b.jpeg
    1013221412b.jpeg
    928.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 1013221412c.jpeg
    1013221412c.jpeg
    953.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 1013221456a.jpeg
    1013221456a.jpeg
    623 KB · Views: 61
  • 1013221456b.jpeg
    1013221456b.jpeg
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 1013221457.jpeg
    1013221457.jpeg
    913.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 1013221501.jpeg
    1013221501.jpeg
    898.8 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 19

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following a lead I found researching online I took a long drive to an old town dumpsite. It has clearly been dug for bottles as piles of broken bottles were everywhere and old cans and other junk piled next to the bottle piles. Probably been detected before also, but since I was there I gave it a go.

I found an old doorbell escutcheon, a Heinz 57 glass bottle stopper, a heart pendant(no writing on it), a harmonica reed(my first), a lock escutcheon, and some other odds and ends, the most puzzling of which is the 'T' shaped brass item.
It has two different sized ends with concave faces and a hole in the center which only goes in 1/2 inch. The 'handle' looking end looks like it was swaged into a hole as a rivet would be.

The little eagle buckle thing is brass and plastic. The other odd thing below the lock escutcheon is the second one I've found and have no idea what it could be.

On the way out of town I spied a park and gave it a quick look. Somebody has been coin shooting that place as there were no coins except for nickels. What there were was a ton of low and mid signals like pull tabs and gum wrapper foil. I was happy to see nobody was looking for gold there. I pulled the titanium ring first. That thing is huge, size 13.5! Too bad it wasn't gold. The other ring is costume bling. I only had about

Congrats on the ring, and Iโ€™ll be looking forward to seeing what else you pull from the high-tones hunted park. But, I must say that the Heinz 57 stopper is my favorite of your finds! How often do you get to see something like that?!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On the way out of town I spied a park and gave it a quick look. Somebody has been coin shooting that place as there were no coins except for nickels. What there were was a ton of low and mid signals like pull tabs and gum wrapper foil. I was happy to see nobody was looking for gold there. I pulled the titanium ring first. That thing is huge, size 13.5! Too bad it wasn't gold. The other ring is costume bling. I only had about a half hour to look there. I'll be hitting that park at some point in the future, too bad it's so far.

View attachment 2050551
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k

View attachment 2050551
Good hunt!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2050551
The T shaped item is a hash pipe probably late 60s

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T shaped item is a hash pipe probably late 60s
Looks like one, but the'stem' is solid and the other holes are only 1/2 ' deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread