Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are some of my best finds, oldest finds, and finds I like best while I was posting on TN. Unfortunately,
I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctors gave me 1-3 years to live as of April. I'm not sure
I'll ever hunt again but I wanted to post these as a memorial to what can be found with a metal detector,
the right place, and determination and patience in the field.

If you stick with it and read about where to hunt (educate yourself) and have lots of patience - you can actually
find some pretty nice things. I read many books, magazines, belonged to a TH'ing club (briefly), and hung out
on TH'ing find sites where people shared their experiences.Those things, research and meeting some nice people who
gave me some old sites to hunt - all helped yield these finds. I remember them all fondly.
I read "Lost Treasure" magazine (gone now) and Western and "Eastern Treasures magazine" for many years.
I have many of Charles Garrett's and Karl von Mueller's books on metal detecting, cache hunting, beach hunting
etc. They are both good sources. The more you know about the subject - the better your odds of finding good things.
Living in any Colonial area is definitely a big plus.

I wish you all the best in the field, researching new places, and finding some 'honey holes' with some old coins
or whatever you are searching for in the field. Find the best equipment you can afford, learn that equipment,
and put that learning to use whenever you can. It will pay off! Happy Hunting! - Ocean7

'live long and prosper...'

yeah, you'll have to click on each of 9 blocks to see full size photos.
attachment.php
Tobacco shop token, rare, possibly one of a kind still in existence. If you find one - let me know. Found in Bucks County, PA along with coins dating 1723-1809 as a time frame.

Attachments

• Ocean1.jpg
    Ocean1.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Ocean2.jpg
    Ocean2.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 289
  • Ocean3.jpg
    Ocean3.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 271
  • Ocean4.jpg
    Ocean4.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Ocean5.jpg
    Ocean5.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 264
  • Ocean6.jpg
    Ocean6.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Ocean7.jpg
    Ocean7.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Ocean8.jpg
    Ocean8.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Ocean9.jpg
    Ocean9.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 282
  • Tobacco Shop Token.jpg
    Tobacco Shop Token.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
Upvote 36
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sergei:
Sie werden vielleicht bemerken, dass ich in diesem Beitrag niemanden nenne. Ich habe meine Gründe dabei, den Griff der beteiligten Person zu schützen. Dachte ich jedenfalls.
English
You may notice that I am not naming anyone in this post. I have my reasons for protecting the handle of the person involved. Or so I thought.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no one is mentioned in either post Sergei. Whatever. I have my reasons. I do not have to explain them.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocean 7 have you heard of Rick Simpson Oil of cannabis? I have seen it get several people up off their beds and is amazing. ALSO, the Med beds can cure any cancer ask about them will be availabe soon as the troops who were rescuing kids from the tunnels get treated, they are amazing and heal with vibration. Never give up Brother Ever. Most of the Doc.s are full of it, my little woman was given 3-5 years tops, she went 12 and passed in my arms Mothers day 2019.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for sharing your best of list. You have some amazing finds! I am sorry to hear your prognosis.
well thank you! It is quite a surreal state after those words come from your doctor. You enter a whole other realm - very strange.
They say I may have another 1-2 years - maybe I'll prove them wrong.
I dreamt of frost just last night
somehow it was not cold
though the days go by so quick
what is left is what we hold...

He no longer dreamed of storm, nor of women, nor of great occurrences, nor of great fish, nor fights, nor contests of strength, nor his wife. He only dreamed of places now and of the lions on the beach. . . . He never dreamed about the boy. ―Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OCEAN7 I am so sorry to hear your issues. I had a friend that was diagnosed with the same condition but was given 6 months. He died 6 1/2 years later when his horse broke through ice on a lake and drowned, Clyde hadstarted taking Barley Green with Kelp was his secret. In 1992 My father inlaw was given 3 months to live. he started takingBarley green with Kelp/ In October of of 2000 HE DROVE me and my wife his daughter to his wifes funeral. In feb 2001 he passed . After my mother inlaw passed he gave up. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP .Folks he needs all our support !1 Look into Barley Green With Kelp
If there is ANYTHING i can DO PLEASE JUST SAY SO !!!

Gary

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OCEAN7 I am so sorry to hear your issues. I had a friend that was diagnosed with the same condition but was given 6 months. He died 6 1/2 years later when his horse broke through ice on a lake and drowned, Clyde hadstarted taking Barley Green with Kelp was his secret. In 1992 My father inlaw was given 3 months to live. he started takingBarley green with Kelp/ In October of of 2000 HE DROVE me and my wife his daughter to his wifes funeral. In feb 2001 he passed . After my mother inlaw passed he gave up. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP .Folks he needs all our support !1 Look into Barley Green With Kelp
If there is ANYTHING i can DO PLEASE JUST SAY SO !!!

Gary
thanks Gary and that is quite encouraging! I ordered some off Amazon today - be here by Tuesday. My brother handed me a fortune cookie last night because he knows I like them. I opened and it said, "Any day above ground is a good day!" We laughed our asses off at that one.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Gary and that is quite encouraging! I ordered some off Amazon today - be here by Tuesday. My brother handed me a fortune cookie last night because he knows I like them. I opened and it said, "Any day above ground is a good day!" We laughed our asses off at that one.
Ocean7 DO NOT EVER GIVE UP I am PRAYING VERY HARD for you ;)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YESSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tobacco store token is something I've never seen before, I like the old clay pipe motif, those style pipes from the early 19th century and prior give credence to the token's age.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The tobacco store token is something I've never seen before, I like the old clay pipe motif, those style pipes from the early 19th century and prior give credence to the token's age.
Thanks! yeah that's probably the most unique and valuable object I ever found using a MD.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well I passed the one year mark since diagnosis (April 5th) and feel better than I have for a long time. I guess the Rx treatment, and certainly all the prayers have helped greatly. The foundation gave me another grant for $15,000 a month Rx, so I am blessed in many ways. I'm no longer paying as deep attention to their 1-3 year forecast for how long I have, and when I asked the good CRNP at
oncologist office that question 3 months ago, she said 'we really don't like to give people a number.' So I saw that as a good sign
compared to the urologist's flat out statement last March 2021. So that's my good news. And thanks to Gare for the pep talk and Barley Green with kelp powder suggestion. I appreciate it! I do feel better since taking it. Happy hunting all!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My miracle health update...

Well I went for my 3 month pellet injection 05-23-22 but had Cat Scan results waiting for me too. The Oncologist says all traces of cancer are GONE except in prostate (which is now normal size) and possibly L1 vertebra of lower spine area! It is no longer in all the all other places it originally showed up back in March 2021 including lymph nodes, bladder, liver, kidneys, left lung, etc.

When asked about my life expectancy, he said probably at least 5-6 years from diagnosis and in some cases longer, instead of the original 1-3 years they gave me April 5th, 2021. So the medication is working as they planned, they are very happy with results one year later and need to change nothing at this time.

Needless to say, I am very happy about this week's health report based on Cat scan and blood work from lab. And I want to share my good news with you all, and thank you all for the many prayers that helped make such an outcome possible. I do appreciate them 100%! I guess you could say, it's a miracle! I am quite happy with this news!

Sergei 3

Sep 19, 2020
Thailand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My miracle health update...

Well I went for my 3 month pellet injection 05-23-22 but had Cat Scan results waiting for me too. The Oncologist says all traces of cancer are GONE except in prostate (which is now normal size) and possibly L1 vertebra of lower spine area! It is no longer in all the all other places it originally showed up back in March 2021 including lymph nodes, bladder, liver, kidneys, left lung, etc.

When asked about my life expectancy, he said probably at least 5-6 years from diagnosis and in some cases longer, instead of the original 1-3 years they gave me April 5th, 2021. So the medication is working as they planned, they are very happy with results one year later and need to change nothing at this time.

Needless to say, I am very happy about this week's health report based on Cat scan and blood work from lab. And I want to share my good news with you all, and thank you all for the many prayers that helped make such an outcome possible. I do appreciate them 100%! I guess you could say, it's a miracle! I am quite happy with this news!
Yes, my friend Ocean7, this is a miracle that you yourself have created. And while a person does not give up under the weight of circumstances, he may well create a small miracle.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocean7 I am STILL PRAYING for you !!! I asked god to be good to you and he will

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ocean7 I am STILL PRAYING for you !!! I asked god to be good to you and he will
thanks Gare! On that I can agree 100% after recent cat scan findings!

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just in case anyone is wondering - all finds displayed in this thread by me were found by a Minelab Explorer II. Nothing more and nothing less. Happy hunting! :)

Reactions: ARC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread