Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met up with a couple of guys a few days ago and we hunted two days in a row at a couple different parks. We spent about 3 1/2 hours on each day in each park.
The first day...we met at one I frequent often but there are still some spots that produce. What you find there can depend on many things...the amount of interference in the air...the amount of recent rain....how long it's been since the grass was mowed...pedestrian traffic that day...etc.
One of the guys had hunted the park before..but one hadn't...so we decided to hit one of the spots I don't hunt much. There always seems to be quite a few people frequenting this area so I just haven't spent much time there.
We all did quite well there and they are great guys to hunt with. No one cared who found it or who didn't... We just called each other over to listen when one of us would hit a target.
I ended up with the 3 silver roosey's and most of the wheaties here because it isn't a super old park.

We then went to a park where a few weeks ago I found some older injuns. I want to find another "fatty" injun before the season's end...but all I am coming up with are pulltabs. I was bound and determined to pop one out today. Well I didn't get a fatty...but I did get a nice but UGLY solid ladies 14k gold dome style ring. It looks like a pyramid...and is UGLY ;D..but is IS 14k and weighs 12.6 grams... so I can't complain. :thumbsup: I showed it in the center of the pulltab pile pic...and then again by itself. What a shocker to see gold in the hole...and by complete accident. I never dig low hits looking for jewelry...I was doing it only because I was chasing an older nickle content indian head cent. ::)
Another one of my favorite finds of the weekend was the nasty injun that is bent all out of whack. The scan doesn't show it well but it looks like a washboard and has two or 3 bends in it.
You talk about a weird sounding hit. It sounded like a memorial cent...then the tone changed to an indian head type hit...then jumped back up to memorial hit. I thought it was going to be a crusty injun because the depth meter was buried....so I didn't think it was a memorial cent...but the thought a a little piece of wire entered into my mind too. ::) Well after getting down to 9"...out popped the corroded nasty injun. :D
All in all a fun relaxed hunt with a couple of good guys and we all found stuff. Darrell was using his pro coil...another feller' was using the 1050 coil (after I pried my 10 x 14 off of his machine...he didn't want to give it back ;D.....and I was using my 10 x 12 S.E.F. coil.I learned a few things from them and hopefully I was able to show them some interesting tips too.
One feller' ended up with 3 silver...and Darrell ended up with 3 or 4 silver. I ended up with 7 silver...3 injuns....21 wheaties....a heavy UGLY 14k ring...and a pig (dated 1938 on the back).
This coming week I plan on going to the park that has given me a ton of OLD injuns over the last 6 weeks or so. I'm hoping to pull a few more out..but you never know. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather and getting some hunts in before the winter months arrive.

Attachments

• coins104.jpg
    coins104.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 771
  • coins105.jpg
    coins105.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 769
  • coins106.jpg
    coins106.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 762
  • coins107.jpg
    coins107.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 763
Upvote 0
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golden1 said:
Super digs Bryce!!!! Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I would love to have a day of swinging like that!

G1
Thanks G1.

peanut695 said:
Great day Bryce.... Man, you sure do find a lot of indian heads (not to mention silver). It seems everyone of your posts contains a few indians !!! They are one of my favorite coins. I only find a few of them each year !!!! Seems you get a few every hunt.... Congrats !!!

Happy Hunting !!!

Brian in MA
Thanks Brian. I have made it a goal this year to concentrate on...and learn the injun hits better on my SE. I have already broken my best year ever injun total from last year. I got 40 last year which was a personal best. I know I will blow it away this year.

Detectingfreak said:
Very nice job on the 14k ring and the older pennies and silver! :) Yeah winter is comming. In december it is so bad in sammamish, I may not even get to detect that month. So thats why I am trying to get in as many hunts as I can by the end of november. Have a good time hunting next time! Go for the silver! :thumbsup:
Thanks D.F. Good luck on your next hunt.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd take a day like that anytime, and that ring doesn't look too ugly anymore.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave-enc said:
silver freak that is a honker of a gold ring wtg, great silver finds also
hh
dave+bobbie
Thanks D & B

DD-777 said:
Sweet digs Bryce - big congrats on the silver and gold bud... :thumbsup:
Thanks Double-D

civilman1 said:
I hate when the pull-tab's come out with a thicker "dirt ring" in them SF ;D Sweet Dig's Man!!!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks Civ. It was a shocker to say the least.

SoreKneesDayton said:
Great hunt and what a variety of coins/silvers. You the man today!!!

Any ring is great and gold is best--ugly doesn't matter. I tell myself that everyday when I look in the mirror.

SKD
;D Thanks SKD. Many days the morror doesn't even want to look back at me :D

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
A STELLAR Assortment ...

Bryce ... I am beyond words ...

My friend YOU ARE NON STOP ...

Rock On ~ Nick
Thanks Nick. I sent you a pm bro.

Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Some silver he says...Turned out to be more than some ;D Congratulations my friend. I found the fatboy indian head today and I hereby dedicate it to you,one of the coolest members of tnet. :thumbsup:
Chris
Thanks Chris. I appreciate the dedication of the fatboy. I ain't having any luck finding one...so having one dedicated to me is great. Thanks for the kind words as well. Take care my friend.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Deere Digger said:
Congrats on a great hunt Bryce. Nice silver and an ugly gold ring is still gold. WTG
JDD
Thanks JDD. The ring even scanned UGLY :D

txkickergirl said:
I'd take a day like that anytime, and that ring doesn't look too ugly anymore.
Thanks txkickergirl. Trust me...the ring's still ugly :wink:

The Bulgarian said:
Nice finds. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Bulgarian.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Gold is not ugly! If its that ugly to you, ill trade you a few silver coins for it ;D. How does 6 silver washingtons and a rosie sound?

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
WOW that is some sweet finds congrats the ring is very nice HH

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Bryce. I enjoy how you explain the sounds that you are listening for. You are just telling your story and we get to benefit from your experience. I am just glad you don't detect the parks around my area, I would never find silver behind you! Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wallhangers said:
Way to go Bryce. I enjoy how you explain the sounds that you are listening for. You are just telling your story and we get to benefit from your experience. I am just glad you don't detect the parks around my area, I would never find silver behind you! Keep up the good work!
Thanks Mark. I'm glad the posts are helpful. As for hunting behind me....heck...nobody gets it all buddy...at least not me anyway :wink:

chatking6969 said:
Im diggin the IH's and Mercs! Awesome find on the ring too! KOD!!!!
Thanks chatking. The ring was pure luck. ::)

RONC(OR) said:
WOW that is some sweet finds congrats the ring is very nice HH
Thanks Ron

dex378 said:
No such thing as ugly gold my friend!!!! lol great stuff!!!
Thanks dex. If you saw the ring in person...you might not think the same ;D

Narthoniel said:
Gold is not ugly! If its that ugly to you, ill trade you a few silver coins for it ;D. How does 6 silver washingtons and a rosie sound?
;D It's beyond ugly...but it IS gold I guess :thumbsup:

rodgerdodger said:
Some nice finds Bryce. :thumbsup:
Thanks R.D.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great time, SF! :thumbsup: That's a bunch of super finds!!!

Nana :wink:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you get a better picture of the ring? ??? It looks like the end of a pulltab to me... :icon_scratch:

Nice Silver !

Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dougadam said:
Thanks Doug

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Can you get a better picture of the ring? ??? It looks like the end of a pulltab to me... :icon_scratch:

Nice Silver !

Keep @ it and HH!!
Thanks MUD. That's as good as I could scan it. Like I said...it's UGLY. It looks round dome-like on top while it's on edge..but from the side...it looks like roof on a house. It comes to an angle point accross the top instead of being rounded....UGLY. Trust me...it ain't no pulltab...unless they made them over 12 grams and stamped them 14K ;D

Nana40 said:
Sounds like a great time, SF! :thumbsup: That's a bunch of super finds!!!

Nana :wink:
Thanks Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions