Someone Left a Mess but they didn't get it all. Left me a silver, buckles, bottles and Victorian cameo brass item.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I completely over looked detecting this site. Knew there was once an old house there and it was torn down about 20 years ago. Used to pass it on the school bus in middle school. Finally got there over on two separate hunts end of last week and today. The first time I walked down the path from the over grown driveway I was pretty disheartened to see unfilled plugs and big iron scattered about. Someone did a very sloppy job detecting this. I get it's an overgrown lot and the plugs fall apart on you but at least attempt to fill it back in so someone doesn't roll an ankle.

They got most of the obvious stuff around the home footprint but never detected up by the road because they missed two buckles, a 1939 wheaty and the cameo brass item is. Was once silver plated it looks like. They also missed a 1941 mercury dime and buckle in the back yard. Bottles came out of a trash pit my detecting friend accidentally discovered. We dug it out more today. These are my finds. He got more embossed bottles than me and an almost whole Dr. J. Hostetters stomach bitters bottle but I got the only silver here.

Attachments

• 20220117_181901.jpg
    20220117_181901.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
  • 20220117_174558.jpg
    20220117_174558.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
Upvote 26

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I completely over looked detecting this site. Knew there was once an old house there and it was torn down about 20 years ago. Used to pass it on the school bus in middle school. Finally got there over on two separate hunts end of last week and today. The first time I walked down the path from the over grown driveway I was pretty disheartened to see unfilled plugs and big iron scattered about. Someone did a very sloppy job detecting this. I get it's an overgrown lot and the plugs fall apart on you but at least attempt to fill it back in so someone doesn't roll an ankle.

They got most of the obvious stuff around the home footprint but never detected up by the road because they missed two buckles, a 1939 wheaty and the cameo brass item is. Was once silver plated it looks like. They also missed a 1941 mercury dime and buckle in the back yard. Bottles came out of a trash pit my detecting friend accidentally discovered. We dug it out more today. These are my finds. He got more embossed bottles than me and an almost whole Dr. J. Hostetters stomach bitters bottle but I got the only silver here.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

nice haul and love that silver, wtg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still nice finds thanks for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread