Someone Revive Tesoro

Jolly Roger Blue

Jan 18, 2014
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom ACE 2, GTA 500, ACE 250,Tesoro Silver U Max, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max…
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone here on TN know the owners of Tesoro? Why don’t you talk to them and convince them to revive Tesoro if not through Tesoro why not through another metal detector company. Sort of what like Whites did with Garrett. I absolutely love the simplicity of Tesoro. I own Garrett’s but there are too many settings to fumble with. Tesoro should sell their intellectual property to a company that will continue to produce and improve on what I thing are damn great detectors!!! Sure there are others out there with modern features but Tesoros in my mind are still a hell of a lot better!!!!!!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone here on TN know the owners of Tesoro? Why don’t you talk to them and convince them to revive Tesoro if not through Tesoro why not through another metal detector company. Sort of what like Whites did with Garrett. I absolutely love the simplicity of Tesoro. I own Garrett’s but there are too many settings to fumble with. Tesoro should sell their intellectual property to a company that will continue to produce and improve on what I thing are damn great detectors!!! Sure there are others out there with modern features but Tesoros in mind are still a hell of a lot better!!!!!!
No one wanted to buy Tesoro, they are now dead and buried.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still use my Tesoro's and love them as well. I see test reviews of other "new and improved" detectors fail a nail board test and think, my 20 year old Tesoro can pass that.
I don't think that Tesoro had any active patents, so other companies did pick up their technology. Mostly Eastern European I think. Golden Mask being one of them, (maybe. they sure look like it).

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, can't post non-supporting vendor's websites.

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone here on TN know the owners of Tesoro? Why don’t you talk to them and convince them to revive Tesoro if not through Tesoro why not through another metal detector company. Sort of what like Whites did with Garrett. I absolutely love the simplicity of Tesoro. I own Garrett’s but there are too many settings to fumble with. Tesoro should sell their intellectual property to a company that will continue to produce and improve on what I thing are damn great detectors!!! Sure there are others out there with modern features but Tesoros in my mind are still a hell of a lot better!!!!!!
I couldn't agree with you more. I live and die by my Tesoro. The best machine I've ever owned!

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deeptech makes machines very similar to Tesoro but they are their own design and have their own unique tones. Very similar performance - The also just released a new machine similar to the Cibola/Vaquero line but runs at 30khz.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Won’t happen but perhaps someone can build a business supplying used Tesoro parts and refurbishing/repairing Tesoro machines. My Tiger Shark is 15 years old and in good working condition and I am sure there are a whole lot of machines out there.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Too bad their european line the Laser (Scout) could not be revived, and introduced in the U.S. with a few models.

Attachments

• 2966418746910921.jpg
    2966418746910921.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 9

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche shovel, Grey Ghost headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diehard Tesoro fan here too. I have three of their detectors. They all work great. Simple to use. Their customer service was unbeatable. I remember breaking a piece one time and they sent me a new piece free of charge. Rusty was a great guy. Worked at Tesoro doing repairs and also drove a school bus.
I will miss Tesoro.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Gold Kruzer, XP Deus ORX, Tesoro Tejon Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6
Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Early 2000's Tesoro stopped innovating and they never listened to their customers. I think that they were afraid of the internet, they never took advantage of it at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread