traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some will think me crazy but that is ok. You are not the first.
I really love my relics and I spent a lot of time researching and hunting for them. I never thought I would part with any of them. but the older I get the more it is apparent I cannot take them with me. So, I have been gifting small displays of them like the relics in this thread to my family and friends. I always tell the story of where they were found and what went on there during the war. This helps educate people on the war and brings history up close and into their hands. Nothing like touching history to learn it. It is also a great promotion for relic hunting and the benefits of preserving relics and history. One of my sons in laws and my oldest granddaughter has started metal detecting. This is just something to consider. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• war.jpg
    war.jpg
    873.5 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 8

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I do the same thing with my grandsons & their Cub Scout Troop. I talk & show them artifacts & fossils that I have found metal detecting & Scuba diving. while detecting. I try to encourage them to figure out what each item is before telling them.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same thing with my grandsons & their Cub Scout Troop. I talk & show them artifacts & fossils that I have found metal detecting & Scuba diving. while detecting. I try to encourage them to figure out what each item is before telling them.
Good job.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great idea. I'm sure we will all be at that age when we realize its better to give it away to family or friends, than to have it end up at Goodwill or in a dumpster. We put so much time into this hobby, that it is gratifying to put items in display cases and share them.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great idea. I'm sure we will all be at that age when we realize its better to give it away to family or friends, than to have it end up at Goodwill or in a dumpster. We put so much time into this hobby, that it is gratifying to put items in display cases and share them.
Thanks my friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread