Somewhere new.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Managed to get out for 3 hrs today before the rain came. Expecting more rain tomorrow.
But found a few things.
A Chinese coin (an actual one not a part of a drawer handle like my last id 😆)
Some ornate thing from a furniture item. A broken mouth piece from a musical instrument, 1 tiny button and one what looks like a large blue glass button but I dont believe it is as its just a little too heavy in my thinking. And a squashed thimble with Remember Me on it. Anyway, was fun to get out.
IMG_20220817_163148_456~2.jpg

Upvote 27

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Managed to get out for 3 hrs today before the rain came. Expecting more rain tomorrow.
But found a few things.
Some ornate thing from a furniture item. A broken mouth piece from a musical instrument, 1 tiny button and one what looks like a large blue glass button but I dont believe it is as its just a little too heavy in my thinking. And a squashed thimble with Remember Me on it. Anyway, was fun to get out.
View attachment 2041946
Nice work 😍 love the thimble… oh nd the Chinese coin 😆 x

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
But found a few things.
View attachment 2041946
Nice drawer pull backing-I mean Chinese coin-:)
Cool glass button, anything on the back?

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But found a few things.
View attachment 2041946
neat variety of finds, especially like the thimble and chinese coin, wtg

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Nice drawer pull backing-I mean Chinese coin-:)
Cool glass button, anything on the back?
No, nothing, whatever its attachment was is gone.
The area was a very small village site next to some gold diggings. Nothing's left other than underground junk and old coloured broken glass here and there. I know there was a small church as well. Nice area, I should have taken some pictures there. Will next time.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But found a few things.
View attachment 2041946
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chilli
Congratulations on getting out
It’s always a bonus to come home with more than you left with.
My detector is in for a tuneup and hope to get it back soon
Take care

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Chilli
Congratulations on getting out
It’s always a bonus to come home with more than you left with.
My detector is in for a tuneup and hope to get it back soon
Take care
Hi mate. Its a challenge getting out with this weather the last 3 months.
Rain and cloud cover 90% of the time. Not our usual weather where I am.
Almost 11am and im sitting in front of the heater. Normally would be out detecting or fishing with blue skies this time of year!
Hey is your detector glitching or something or just a to be sure check out.
My 705 glitched a few times in the first month with changing modes but has not since done it. Must have cycled out somehow.
Good luck when you get out.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi mate. Its a challenge getting out with this weather the last 3 months.
Rain and cloud cover 90% of the time. Not our usual weather where I am.
Almost 11am and im sitting in front of the heater. Normally would be out detecting or fishing with blue skies this time of year!
Hey is your detector glitching or something or just a to be sure check out.
My 705 glitched a few times in the first month with changing modes but has not since done it. Must have cycled out somehow.
Good luck when you get out.
Chilli thanks again ..these days I prefer water hunts over land.I just don’t want to deal with the ticks anymore..
I use a Excal2 now and just wanted to get it serviced and hopefully purchase something different in the near future.
I should have sent it in months ago and time just passed so quickly.
I’m looking forward to getting out mate and hold on as beautiful Spring weather is just around the corner for you
I hope your next hunt greets you with big rewards
Take care

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Chilli thanks again ..these days I prefer water hunts over land.I just don’t want to deal with the ticks anymore..
I use a Excal2 now and just wanted to get it serviced and hopefully purchase something different in the near future.
I should have sent it in months ago and time just passed so quickly.
I’m looking forward to getting out mate and hold on as beautiful Spring weather is just around the corner for you
I hope your next hunt greets you with big rewards
Take care
Ah, yep make sure all the seals are good. We used to get them in the shop I worked in for a check over and seal replacements. Thankfully no ticks in the bush where I am. I hear lymes disease is no fun at all.
Yeah springs trying to break through, our golden wattle is in bloom everywhere, im allergic to it and feel like I have a cold or flu every day, looks beautiful but im glad when its gone. 😁 1 month and should see it finishing.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds !

There's a few web sites where you can date your Chinese coin - Google the key words - "Dating Chinese Coins"
The reason we find so many of these old coins in the US is they had no value and they were often used as decorations back in the 1930's - 1950's era. Here's a photo of some the used to decorate Sewing Baskets.

Attachments

• Chinese Coins On Sewing Basket .jpg
    Chinese Coins On Sewing Basket .jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 22

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread