Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone done any gold prospecting along the S. Platte River? (Specifically the area between Foxton and Pine ….or so).
I know the area pretty well from a tubing perspective, and have never seen any one panning or anything…..maybe for good reason.
A member of this forum, Kevin in Colorado, authors the book, Finding Gold in Colorado which probably addresses your area of interest. Order online or probably available in Colorado bookstores and prospecting supply stores, etc.
As an afterthought.....He is not very active currently on this forum so maybe send him a PM. He has been very helpful to others in the past.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Yukon99669

Jul 30, 2020
Alaska and Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys!
I have his book, but it definitely doesn’t cover that area. It covers some of the Platte areas in and around Denver, but not this section. I’ll PM him and see if he had any advice!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone done any gold prospecting along the S. Platte River? (Specifically the area between Foxton and Pine ….or so).
I know the area pretty well from a tubing perspective, and have never seen any one panning or anything…..maybe for good reason.
There’s almost no gold there. Additionally the combination of private property (including the riverbed!) and protection of native trout, meanntheres really no accessible spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions